MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the pulley on my supercharger. Im only going for the 15% reduction but want to know some questions:

Wheres the best place to get it from and what sort of price will I be looking at?
Do I need a reduced size belt?
What spark plugs do I need when changing the pulley to 15%?

I know lots of people recommend the alta so I will probably go for that. Has anyone bought a Jonspeed one off ebay? Any comments on them?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
just been quotes £330 from lohen for:-

Alta V2 Supercharger pulley (15,17,19% - we recommend 15%) - £109
Reduced belt to suit - £18
Denso Iridium spark plugs (heat range to suit pulley) - £62
Fitting - £141

·
Registered
47 Posts
just been quotes £330 from lohen for:-

Alta V2 Supercharger pulley (15,17,19% - we recommend 15%) - £109
Reduced belt to suit - £18
Denso Iridium spark plugs (heat range to suit pulley) - £62
Fitting - £141
Getting mine done on the 4th September. Cant wait to see what its like!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that guys. Im not gonna fit it myself but reading the fitting instructions of the Jonspeed one worry me a little. Does the 'putting it in the oven' trick actually work or is that a bodge thing and would you recommend to stay away from them?

The fitting instructions on their auction are:
"Simply warm in the oven until to hot to touch. Then pick up with an oven glove an slide on the shaft. Cool with water. Not only shrunk like the factory ones these also come fitted with a grub screw to secure to the shaft."

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cheers for that guys. Im not gonna fit it myself but reading the fitting instructions of the Jonspeed one worry me a little. Does the 'putting it in the oven' trick actually work or is that a bodge thing and would you recommend to stay away from them?

The fitting instructions on their auction are:
"Simply warm in the oven until to hot to touch. Then pick up with an oven glove an slide on the shaft. Cool with water. Not only shrunk like the factory ones these also come fitted with a grub screw to secure to the shaft."

thats on the older version pulleys from a few years ago these days all the new ones from Alta / m7 / helix etc all have 2 parts and are self centering and bolt onto the hub with a pressure system and require no heating of the hub i can speak for all makes but since the 3 i listed are the most popular

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Oh just an aside, I'd advise the NGK varient of range 7 irridiunm plugs rather than the Densos. They are a bit more durable IMO...I have seen densos in bad shape but never seen a dodgy NGK version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts