MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see TVR have been bought by one Nikolai Smolensky.

A spokesman said, "Mr. Smolensky has been living in Britain and Russia for seven years. He is a car enthusiast and saw the opportunity to take TVR on to a global stage". He's 24 years of age.

(Also note the Olympic games opening ceremony is on Friday 13th, woohoo...).

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
I hope he don't blumin mess em up!!!:rolleyes:

shame tho were down to jus a handfull of british car companies now:(

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Not sure where I stand on this its like go TVR but having stood in the presence of Peter Wheeler I feel a large part of ol Trevor has been amputated.
Hes the one that has made TVRs desireable (along with the designers and all the bods in Blackpool ) and some Richsky has bought the rights to all that passion. I just cant quite get my head round it yet no .

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
He's got cash to pile in though. He's upping their salaries and giving them free lunches. So if you'd planned to order a TVR I'd do it now whilst the morale is high.;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Amazing where a 25 year old millionaire from Russia get his money from. Gazprom? TV? Hashish?
Damn, the inventiveness of Ivan!

BTW, I note that Chelski's owner has already spent close to L200 million pounds for imported players.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts

·
Little Minx
605 Posts
Shaun said:
....Peter Wheeler ... Hes the one that has made TVRs desireable (along with the designers and all the bods in Blackpool...
Isn't there a story about Ned, PW's dog, having a "hand" in the design process of the early 1990s Chimaera (something about Ned biting off a chunk of a foam model which ended up influencing the design of the indicator recesses) :D Wonder if it's true.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pooh said:
Isn't there a story about Ned, PW's dog, having a "hand" in the design process of the early 1990s Chimaera (something about Ned biting off a chunk of a foam model which ended up influencing the design of the indicator recesses) :D Wonder if it's true.
Its true, sadly. a potentially great car ruined by a canine design team.

The problem with TVR is reliabilty, not just one or two parts of the car but everything, I know quite a few TVR owners and they seem to have continual problems, they always look good though, maybe the Ruskies will concentrate on getting the quality bolted down so they don't fall apart or break all the time. If anyone goes near a TVR dealer have a test drive, You'll be impressed until you order and take delivery. A 'S' or any MINI is a breeze in comparison.;)
Disclaimer:
firconel is not and has never been associated in any way with TVR or its dealers and suppliers, any reference to any car made by TVR either living (unlikely) or dead (most probable) is entirely coincidental, Blackpool sucks BTW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
firconel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing