MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New wheels fitted yesterday, compliment the car nicely i think, so many people (especially mini owners) give the car a good stare now

old wheels 18.8kg front and 20.0kg back, now both 16.5kg team dymanic 1.2 pro with Avon ZZ3, tonnes of confident grip already and ive only done 20 miles on them.

The car feels much more eagar, how much of a performance increase does losing 2.3kg per front wheel actually give in torque/hp?

Elephant only want another £6.71 per annum on my insurance for after maket alloys. fiar deal.

a pic too for u!

Attachments

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
New wheels fitted yesterday, compliment the car nicely i think, so many people (especially mini owners) give the car a good stare now

old wheels 18.8kg front and 20.0kg back, now both 16.5kg team dymanic 1.2 pro with Avon ZZ3, tonnes of confident grip already and ive only done 20 miles on them.

The car feels much more eagar, how much of a performance increase does losing 2.3kg per front wheel actually give in torque/hp?

Elephant only want another £6.71 per annum on my insurance for after maket alloys. fiar deal.

a pic too for u!

Looks good!!;)

Where did you get them from? What size and what ET?

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good!!;)

Where did you get them from? What size and what ET?
I went for standard as possible so i didnt have any issues or unknowns (being a aftermaket wheel virgin!), originally my car was 195 55 16", now they are 205 45 17" with offset ET45. they are from rochford tyres purchased online, not the cheapest i found but the ebay deal went sour, the guy went on holiday and left the deal to a mate, whom didnt respond to emails..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats what i thought when looking at the picture, the front two wheels might need swapping over.

But they look mint tho mate, team dynamics are the way to go :D

You thinking about getting some then JAW ;)

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Thats what i thought when looking at the picture, the front two wheels might need swapping over.

But they look mint tho mate, team dynamics are the way to go :D

You thinking about getting some then JAW ;)

Shows I pay toooo much attention to detail:biggrin:

Yes may just need them swapping over

I want some but cannot make up my mind what ET to get as may get a bigger brakes and don't want to run wheels spacers:)

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I Noticed the same and have just been on the Avon web site where there is no mention of them being directional or asymmetrical.

But they look wrong for the tread pattern and what Avon say about the tread pattern

best to check two things
Direction of rotation arrows
Any writing that indicates outside

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shows I pay toooo much attention to detail:biggrin:

Yes may just need them swapping over

I want some but cannot make up my mind what ET to get as may get a bigger brakes and don't want to run wheels spacers:)
yeh i just checked, got 2 wrong! dooh, swap them over later! thanks for spotting that..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want some but cannot make up my mind what ET to get as may get a bigger brakes and don't want to run wheels spacers:)[/quote said:
Ummmm hard decision coming up then, i personally went for the wheels instead just because they look so good :biggrin:, but when speaking to paul at 1320 he said that i should save my money on the brake kit and just upgrade my discs and pads which will only cost around £200 for fronts MAX! You only really need a big brake kit if your looking to go on track days etc, as on pauls he has just uprated discs and pads and stops just as well. But once again the big red callipers do look good.

Hard choise mate:confused:

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Ummmm hard decision coming up then, i personally went for the wheels instead just because they look so good :biggrin:, but when speaking to paul at 1320 he said that i should save my money on the brake kit and just upgrade my discs and pads which will only cost around £200 for fronts MAX! You only really need a big brake kit if your looking to go on track days etc, as on pauls he has just uprated discs and pads and stops just as well. But once again the big red callipers do look good.

Hard choise mate:confused:

That is the other option but the black wheels with the red stoptech calipers look very good. Only run the 1/4 mile track at the moment but may do some track days when buy some cross coilover suspension.

I think I must of asked everyone with TD1.2s what their offset is but they all run spacers(with BBK fitted) which I would like to avoid due to the extra load put on the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is the other option but the black wheels with the red stoptech calipers look very good. Only run the 1/4 mile track at the moment but may do some track days when buy some cross coilover suspension.

I think I must of asked everyone with TD1.2s what their offset is but they all run spacers(with BBK fitted) which I would like to avoid due to the extra load put on the wheel bearings.

It's just a shame that everything costs so much money:D

I take it you have looked at the lohen website then with the brake kit and wheels haha.

I've got a EB with black TD1.2's and want the AP racing kit to go with but just can't afford it and would rather spend on moding the engine.

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts

a pic too for u!
looks good on them wheels mate, but as for the torque/hp increase there will be none, you will not get more hp etc with lighter wheels. the only advantage is that there is less unsprung weight from the wheels so car may feel better. :biggrin:

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the white theme going on here, but shows how the aero grill works with the overall look.
yeh i do love the black grill always wanted it when i first got the car 9 months ago, still resisted temptation so far, but the mini looks so much less cute-see with black which is a good thing, lol, watch this space....

·
Registered
223 Posts
really good look................think im going to swop my 18s for these..........

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ah hum, just want to say.......I've just made an order for a set of these in black:biggrin: YAY!

Should receive them this week, will post pics ofcourse:cool:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts