MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the anthracite interior any good? all of the mini coopers i have seen have the silver interior and i don't really like the look of it... but if it is the optional "extra", does that mean the standard looks even worse???

anyone have any pictures of the anthracite trim??

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think it is now a 'No Cost Option' :)
well on the ONE anyway :)

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I saw a Cooper with I guess anthracite, virtually all black trim.
IMHO it looked abtysmal ! Extremely dark and gloomy. The oval door inserts were almost disguised and the dash looked nasty.
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This one is really going to be a matter of taste, we've ordered the standard version on a cooper for two reasons ;

1) The quality of the standard material is definately of a better quality than the bright version, although admittedly not as eye catching.
2) Remember that 99% of minis seem to have the bright interior as part of a pack etc, so you'll have an individual version with the darker dash ( twisted logic I know !! )

We're awaiting arrival of our car in the next few weeks so will post some pictures then but we had real problems finding a car with the dark interior at any local garages.

The link for 3d mini on the general discussion lets you spec up the interior in standard but will only give you an idea, so please, if anyone has pictures ( or comments ), post em now !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep seen in the flesh ( although a mini one, and some time ago !! ), but still think it is a better choice in terms of quality and will certainly do until a quality after market aluminium etc interior is available.... ( and we saved £ 100 in the process )

As soon as someone posts some decent pics we can get a poll going ( although I pretty much know what the outcome will be !! )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Owner speaks

My car has the anthracite interior (sorry no pics). I chose it not to save £100 (nice though that was :) )but because I just thought it looked classier. The salesman alternatively thought it looked more "aggresive."

Anyway I had to wait a bit longer for it as I was told that all Coopers sold before December were delivered with the Pepper/Chili option packs - including the silver trim.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was going to stick with the anthracite interior, but with all the extra's i was getting it ended up cheaper just getting the pepper pack...

besides... looking at the pictures in the cooper brochure, it looks like the silver trim is just stuck on over the plain interior... you could possibly remove the silver trim.

am i right?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The silver looks classy where the black may show the scratches & marks :( :( :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suggest you all head over to the post from DavidB regarding pictures of interiors.... well done David, you're a star. We're now convinced we made the right choice on interior colour, superb !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts