MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MINI2 Sophomore
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the silver dash look but am worried about the stories of chipping and scratches on the doors or near the center console bin. I decided on the anthracite because it is darker so hopefully the chips won't show as well because underneath the surface is dark.

Any one have an opinion on this?

Does anthracite show chips just as badly as silver?

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bhoobhoo,

Which exterior/interior color combination are you going for? I have a BRG/W with Black Panther Leatherette and IMHO the Silver just would be too much all over the dash. The anthracite looks right on the dash and the doors, while still getting the silver accents on the tack on the HK speaker covers.

As far as chip on Anthracite I have had no issues up to now.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
has any one any pics of this anthracite dash? i have never seen it? I have ordered anthracite headlining, but have a patina dash which is standard on the mcs. has ne one ne pics of this anthracite dash? as i like dark interiors?

·
MINI2 Sophomore
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
myzamboni said:
Bhoobhoo,

Which exterior/interior color combination are you going for? I have a BRG/W with Black Panther Leatherette and IMHO the Silver just would be too much all over the dash. The anthracite looks right on the dash and the doors, while still getting the silver accents on the tack on the HK speaker covers.

As far as chip on Anthracite I have had no issues up to now.

I'm getting HB/W, lapis blue leather.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
After a test drive in October 2001 the first question i had was how durable is the silver dash and does it easily scratch.The sales person insisted that it wouldn't but i wasn't overley convinced.I've now had my MINI since Jan 2003 and the dash looks as good as new despite being used everyday as a family car.So if you like silver ,have it ,and unless your'e really rough on your vehicle i think you'll be fine.

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
The Anthracite dash looks awesome on my Cooper (especially in bright sunlight where it really sparkles), but I've only had it since May 1st.
I think it will be fine, but beware of the Anthracite downtubes which are more of a matte finish, not polished like the dash.
My downtube on driver's side already has a couple of wee scuffs from my shoes. (I should try to be less clumsy but sometimes my Partner parks her car a little close so can't open door fully to get in!) :)

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
The only problem I can see with the anthracite dash is that the steering wheel inserts and tachometer are still silver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the Anthracite interior with DS exterior. They are a good pair. I've not had the first problem with the interior as far as chips or scratches. Granted, i'm careful, but no problems. I didn't like the Patina dash as it looked like a dirty Silver dash. The silver parts of the interior just accentuate the Anthracite. I've been adding chrome pieces here and there which helps brighten up the interior a bit, and looks real good against the Anth!

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I have the silver dash. Had MINI since May 1st 2003 and still no scratches. I love the look of the anthracite on its own, but (like others said) because of the other silver accents I thought it was just too much. I prefer having everything silver :)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
ImaVunDerBrah said:
I have the silver dash. Had MINI since May 1st 2003 and still no scratches. I love the look of the anthracite on its own, but (like others said) because of the other silver accents I thought it was just too much. I prefer having everything silver :)
Got to agree with you there. The Anthracite dash doesn't look finished off IMO.

If the Steering wheel, Rev Counter and indicator stalks followed suit then it would look awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damo said:
If the Steering wheel, Rev Counter and indicator stalks followed suit then it would look awesome.
I was wondering about matches with the interior chrome. Would that help with the anthracite clash? What about with the silver, will it make the silver appear more plasticky?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Personally I chose the anthracite because I feel it gives my DS/B a more elegant look. Also I love that glitter sparkle when the sun hits it. :)

I rented a DS/W with an alloy patina dash before buying and ordered anthracite sight unseen because I knew I didn't want alloy patina. Very happy with the result.

Here's a couple pics I had laying around:

Sean

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
18 Participants
luVlee
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing