MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Earlier this week I put down a $1000 deposit on a Mini Cooper 'S'.

I just wanted to know how many fellow Canucks are here.

P.S. Please tell me it's not true that we have to wait til possibly August or September for our Cooper S' to arrive! :confused:

(I'm hoping things will change and we'll get them by May or June).

·
Registered
189 Posts
i am from montreal and put down a 2000$ deposit on a cooper S. i was told of a mid-july delivery. do i believe it?
price of my S? "to be determined" as it says on my contract. the list of options wont be available till mid-february.
have you got any more details, specifics from your dealer?

minigal

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the same boat as you.

A good thing for you and I is that we'll get our Minis before all the people who reserved one online, cuz we went in person and plunked down alot of cash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Torontonian

I'm in Toronto. Have seen and touched a pre-production "S" on dealer's back lot in Whitby. Apparently here for the TO motor show and press test drives. I'm being told by my dealer (I'm getting one of the "Launch" Coopers - March 22nd) that "S" will be here for customers (spec'd to order) in August/September - hence me going for the Bird-in-the-hand.

Nick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Fellow Canadians!

Its seemed like it was forever that there were hardly any canadians in here. Glad to see our leaf making its presence felt!

I have not heard much from my dealer in Toronto (Town&Country) about dates or anything. I put my $1000 down back in late July for my S. I am really looking forward to seeing their new dealership being built in Markham. Its really really big! Looking forward to the Autoshow in February. Going to take a whole load of pictures for the site as well.

Anybody planning on going to the show? Also would anyone be interested when they get their mini's to start up a toronto club of some sort?

Good to see you all!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to the Toronto Auto Show on February 16th, with my Dad.

It will be hard to get in a Mini, as I'm sure the lineup would be HUGE! :eek:

I'm still hoping that the 'S' will come sooner than August. :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been told to expect a possible June delivery, and I'm in the 3 or 4 spot at MINI Durham in Whitby.

Shawn

PS: Regarding prices, I'm not sure if any of you caught the $24,950 base for the Cooper.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The crowds around the mini last year were not too bad. There were lots of people hanging around and stuff but not alot of people were sitting in the car. I was a little confused thinking it was locked or something but I just opened the door and got in and then closed the door behind me. Stayed in there for about 10 minutes playing around with everything. I be it would be much of the same this year but with more cars hopefully. I hope they have a car open with a sunroof. Last year the one with the roof was locked.

I am going to be talking a whole lot of pictures of all the little details of the car. ex. The Glovebox, inside the glovebox. Back seats. Under the car. Engine close ups. Little things.

J

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm in Toronto, and also put a deposit down at Town & Country BMW, just a couple of days after Jayomatic.

I'd love to know where in Markham T&C BMW is building their new dealership.

We went down to the 2002 NAIAS in Detroit to see the Cooper S. Have to say that with all my building up the little car in my mind, I expected to be a little disappointed. I wasn't. The car is fabulously well built. Similar quality to a current 3-Series BMW.

I expect the late August-September estimate is realistic. It's unfortunate, and hard to wait for, but beats waiting till 2005. Glad I'm 21st on the list. That places Jaomatic at about 18-20. I also heard that T&C BMW expect about 10 to drop from the list when they recieve their Launch Edition Cooper. Better news.

I also am glad I live in both Canada, and Ontario, where we get nearly the lowest price Cooper S of all the currencies, and will pay MSRP for the car, rather than the $7,500 dealer greed surcharge I have read about at other US dealers. Wow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Canadian delivery charges?

Any Canadians here being quote Mini delivery charges? I'm confirmed for a launch Cooper (and still on the "S" list) with Budds in Oakville...being quoted $1,250 delivery which seems steep considering the US number is $550 or about $800 after the exchange rate.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The new Town & Country dealership is on Kennedy Road and 407. You really can't miss it. If you come down the 407, it is on the north side. Right across the street from the VW dealership! haha. Should be really funny going out to test drive the cars at the same time people in GTI's are taking them out! I guess it pays to know about the mini before everyone else. I guess people who just find out about the mini after the launch will have to go over the the VW dealership because they won't be able to get a mini for a couple years! haha. That sounds soo evil.

I have not really heard any prices although my dealer said that is will be under $30000. I am guessing around $27900 judging by the price of the cooper. I would say a nicely equipped mini S will be around $30000 - $31000. That is with the sport pack and the premium. That doesnt sound to bad. I am really trying to find out about press days around Toronto.

I know at the time the Subaru WRX was being launch here for the press in toronto ( TSN Motoring, The star, etc ), Subaru invited members of the clubs down to the press day to have a go at the car and see it before most people. Perhaps some of us Torontonians can get in touch with some marketing people down at BMW Canada and ask about any such events.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jayomatic said:
The crowds around the mini last year were not too bad. There were lots of people hanging around and stuff but not alot of people were sitting in the car. I was a little confused thinking it was locked or something but I just opened the door and got in and then closed the door behind me. Stayed in there for about 10 minutes playing around with everything. I be it would be much of the same this year but with more cars hopefully. I hope they have a car open with a sunroof. Last year the one with the roof was locked.

I am going to be talking a whole lot of pictures of all the little details of the car. ex. The Glovebox, inside the glovebox. Back seats. Under the car. Engine close ups. Little things.

J
Last year the Mini kind of came out by surprise. It didn't have much publicity and there were no details as to when it would officially be released.

This year there's quite a buzz as many people have actually ordered one. I can see the lineups in the Mini area being quite overwhelming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Canadian delivery charges?

nwoodiwiss said:
Any Canadians here being quote Mini delivery charges? I'm confirmed for a launch Cooper (and still on the "S" list) with Budds in Oakville...being quoted $1,250 delivery which seems steep considering the US number is $550 or about $800 after the exchange rate.
:mad: That's the same number I stepped up to...steep but at least they didn't try to sell over invoice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts