MINI Cooper Forum banner

Any idea whether or not the S 17" wheels will come in white?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  rich 
#1 ·
Or would it be possible to have them painted?

#3 ·
JV said:
You most certainly can get the 17" S-spokes in white - my Indi Blue Cooper will be wearing a set in just under three weeks...will post some pics of the wheels as soon as I get it (and before they're covered in brake dust)!
Yeh I had the option to get them on my Cooper, but opted for Silver wheels.

Jan02 delivery so not too long to go either...:D :p

LMB:D

#4 ·
JV said:
You most certainly can get the 17" S-spokes in white - my Indi Blue Cooper will be wearing a set in just under three weeks...will post some pics of the wheels as soon as I get it (and before they're covered in brake dust)!
Does this mean there is an option on the cooper now to go from 15" to 17" ?.

I'm interested because the cost of going from 15" to 16" (on the cooper) in ozzie dollars is $950. My dealer does not know the factory price of moving from 16" to 17" S-Spoke wheels as yet.

#5 ·
Basil said:

Does this mean there is an option on the cooper now to go from 15" to 17" ?.

I'm interested because the cost of going from 15" to 16" (on the cooper) in ozzie dollars is $950. My dealer does not know the factory price of moving from 16" to 17" S-Spoke wheels as yet.
Basil,

I am not sure how it works in OZ, but here when you purchased the Mini you had to choose either a pepper pack or chili pack. I got the chili, which included an upgrade from 15" to 16" wheels. I have now paid an extra £370 to upgrade from 16" to 17" wheels. It has only recently become an option though.

Hope that helps:)

#6 ·
LMB said:

Basil,

I am not sure how it works in OZ, but here when you purchased the Mini you had to choose either a pepper pack or chili pack. I got the chili, which included an upgrade from 15" to 16" wheels. I have now paid an extra £370 to upgrade from 16" to 17" wheels. It has only recently become an option though.

Hope that helps:)

Yes LMB, I think it does. That equates to around the same price as moving from 16 to 17 here.....around $1000 aus. That would be excellent news if that transpires here....

thanks very much for that......;)

#8 ·
Re: NZ Option/Price List

sxc-s said:
Hey Guys I have the full spec, option and price list for Cooper and Cooper S in New Zealand. Maybe that will be a closer indicator of options and prices compared with UK.

Let me know if you want me to post it.
Yes please...

#9 ·
Re: Re: NZ Option/Price List

rich said:

Yes please...

Thats, ummm.......yes please with 1600 lbs of sugar on top.....presumably you may conceivably have an "S" brochure too.......Hmmmm.......

Hey Rich, It sounds like we are not far away now........Wooohooo !!!!!

Ps. Sounds like around $1000 for those S-Spokes...... that would be a good deal indeed would it not......

#10 ·
Originally Posted by LMB
Basil,

Hope that helps

LMB
Speaking to my dealer last week about 17" rims, he said that as the 16" are standard with the Cooper S, and the upgrade to 17" for the Cooper is £370, then they cannot conceivably charge any more than that.
Made my mind up, I was expecting them to be at least £400

Andy

#11 ·
An_S_4_Me said:

Speaking to my dealer last week about 17" rims, he said that as the 16" are standard with the Cooper S, and the upgrade to 17" for the Cooper is £370, then they cannot conceivably charge any more than that.
Made my mind up, I was expecting them to be at least £400

Andy
If those prices are firm and they translate well to ozzie dollars, those 17" S-spoke wheels would have to be the best added value option on the BMW option list........absolutely too good to miss out on......I guess theres only 4 of them too !......

#12 ·
...Yeah 17" upgrade sounds pretty fair doesn't it

Looking at the miniusa specs, however, (BTW, has everyone found the 2-page print-outable version of these...?) there only seem to be one 16" & one 17" option for the S, and std Cooper & S options seem to be mutually exclusive - I had hoped for more flexibility.

Anyone had official word from a dealer on wider options yet?

#13 ·
My spec with NZ Prices

Hey guys sorry about the delay, went home last night to get price list and scan, but found I had left it at girlfriends. See her on the weekend so will do it then. However for the meantime, here is the spec I put a deposit on with prices (in NZD) to keep you going:

Item Code Price
Base Mini Cooper S 44,900.00
On Road Costs 950.00
TLC ($500.00 + GST @ 12.5%) XXX 563.00

Options
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC III) 210 760.00
Heated Exterior mirrors &washer nozzles 314 160.00
17" Alloys 8 Spoke 369 1,300.00
Park Distance Control 508 200.00
Rain Sensor & Auto dip interior mirror 432 350.00
Xenon Headlamps (incl washer) 522 1,300.00
Aniti Theft System 302 790.00
Automatic Air 534 840.00
Non-smoker kit 0.00
On board Computer 550 400.00
CD Changer Wiring 692 130.00
Metallic Paint (Dark Silver) 495.00
Full Leather Seats (Black Profile) T5 3,400.00

Total 56,538.00

Prices I remember but didn't order:

Sunroof $1900.00
Harmon Kardon Spkrs $1200.00

Have fun...

#15 ·
Thanks sxc-s...

What is your delivery date? The car sounds way cool!

Interestingly, your base price is 5% lower than in Aus, despite NZ GST being 2.5% lower, although not sure yet what we get as std eqpt over the ditch

Boy those leather seats are expensive, eh!

#16 ·
About seats and Sunroof

I know what you mean rich, I had to think long and hard about those seats. I am not that worried about the fabric finish, I just didn't like the patterns and the only way to get plain black was with leather. Dealer had a hand in making the call, and I don't think it was the wrong one (yet.)

I would have liked the sunroof. It seems a bargain for the price. I really like the two panel design. Problem is, I don't fit in the car with one, so I never really had the choice. At one stage considered ripping out the driver seat and putting in a Recaro bucket just so I could get the sunroof, but decided against it.

They were initially talking about March, but now they are saying July. I wait with baited breath. Would love to have it for the summer, but that is obviously not going to happen.

What is the indicative pricing and delivery for Australia at the moment. I guess it is a higher price because of the mods they have to make for Aus (lets not blame the Aus govt and all your ridiculous taxes). Ours are pretty much UK Spec. I feel sorry for you guys having the large tach in the middle. I would get the sat nav option (not available in NZ) just to get the tach back on the steering wheel.

#17 ·
rich said:
...Yeah 17" upgrade sounds pretty fair doesn't it

Looking at the miniusa specs, however, (BTW, has everyone found the 2-page print-outable version of these...?) there only seem to be one 16" & one 17" option for the S, and std Cooper & S options seem to be mutually exclusive - I had hoped for more flexibility.

Anyone had official word from a dealer on wider options yet?
Hmmm.... My dealer mentioned they would be offering "Dealer fit" alternatives, but conceided they wouldn't come close to the factory prices, which by all standards do seem very reasonable. Our specs shouldn't be far away now.....sigh:(

#18 ·
I'm sure there will be Cooper buyers, who want the 17" wheel/tire with the their SS+, who would be happy to swap their 16" set with an S buyer who doesn't like his 17's.
It does seem strange that you get all-weather tires as standard on the S; does anyone love the standard 16" wheel enough to take the tires that come with them?

#20 ·
Re: About seats and Sunroof

sxc-s said:
They were initially talking about March, but now they are saying July. I wait with baited breath. Would love to have it for the summer, but that is obviously not going to happen.

What is the indicative pricing and delivery for Australia at the moment. I guess it is a higher price because of the mods they have to make for Aus (lets not blame the Aus govt and all your ridiculous taxes). Ours are pretty much UK Spec. I feel sorry for you guys having the large tach in the middle. I would get the sat nav option (not available in NZ) just to get the tach back on the steering wheel.
Demo 'S' - May
First deliveries - June
My car! - July

Price I think is AUD39,900 - NZD49,000-ish!, inc. GST & O-T-R costs

No specs or options yet - BMW Aus are dragging their heels. Was promised by Dec. Now looking at Jan, maybe later. Ho hum...

Re Tacho/speedo, I agree it's p*ss-poor - Hopefully there will be an option to put both on the steering wheel binnacle & not take the pointless sat-nav (- equivalent to needing someone to cut up your food for you IMO)

...Not sure what to put in the hole that would leave. Polite suggestions only please.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.