MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new comer here. I have a question about the CVT gearbox. For those CVT owner, have you done any update about the CVT software in HK? Can ask HK dealer to do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi mcse2k_i,

What's the problem on your CVT gearbox? Please specify!

Edmund

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CVT Cooper not owned by me. I just ask the question for my friend.

I saw others in this forum said that CVT gearbox will "jeek" in slow speed (under 10 kmph). And they said it should be resolved by upgrading the software to v.38.1. I just want to see if anyone has done that before.

Many thanks.

p.s. Edmund, I saw your modified Cooper CVT in C&D last issue. It is really great one. Nice to meet you here.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hongkong Mini2 owners, Question.

I bought a titanium STRUT BRACE/BAR from Max Motorsports 2 weeks ago for my Cooper s. The strut bar that I bought from Perry of MaxMotors does not mount well into my MCS. The cross bar is hitting the cover of the control unit on the right side portion.

Is this the correct strut bar for the Cooper S? If I take off the cover then there would be a possibility to mount it. But I do not feel comfortable doing that, as it will expose the wires and electronics during rain to water.

What do you suggest I do? Has any one mounted this type on a MCS? Any experience on this matter? Please mail me at; [email protected]

Thank you.

//Derick Gamboa
Manila Philippines

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi there. i have a cvt in hk for more than 2 years.
the software upgrade seems to me does not help by much. the cvt cooper does not have a torque convertor. so the jeek effect is the result. in fact, it happens not only under 10km. it is just very noticeable at that speed range.
however, after i replace the stock air filter with a K&N panel filter (not mushroom), and change the spark plug cord to magnecor, it improves a lot and it's obvious. u may give it a try since the cost of both items is not too much.

cheers.

mcse2k_i said:
The CVT Cooper not owned by me. I just ask the question for my friend.

I saw others in this forum said that CVT gearbox will "jeek" in slow speed (under 10 kmph). And they said it should be resolved by upgrading the software to v.38.1. I just want to see if anyone has done that before.

Many thanks.

p.s. Edmund, I saw your modified Cooper CVT in C&D last issue. It is really great one. Nice to meet you here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Strut brace

Derick,
Hv you got my email and pic thru email?

Regards,

Perry

·
Registered
455 Posts
For Perry

Yes, I got it thank you. I'll just have the cover modified, and cut a round , or better a square slot to accommodate the bar.

thank you.

//Derick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts