MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first winter with the MINI (justacooper) and I've not seen anything on the various websites about using gas line antifreeze in it. During the cold snaps in WNY, I usually add it to a tank of regular gas in my two other vehicles ('93 Dakota & '03 Outback). I've never run 93 octane fuel before so I don't know whether the gas line antifreeze would be valuable or not for the MINI. I did find one (and only one) post on this particular forum; seemed like it improved cold start and performance for that person.

Any thoughts or experience?

Thanks, in advance!

oops--forgot to mention that while the MINI is in a garage, it's not heated.

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
Haven't ever used it in the Mini. The lowest temps I've seen was in the -6 range, but no starting issues so far!

I think the last car I used it on was a 1976 Chevy Nova. :D

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
we had several weeks of -20 last winter, and I didn't have any problem with gas line. I *did* find the "heated washer jets" on the cold weather package were useless, since the lines containing the washer fluid could still freeze in those temps. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cold weather and fuel...

From Click & Clack you don't need to add anything to your gas and haven't had to since the way modern gas tanks work don't allow enough moisture into the system to warrant adding stuff to the gas like we used to in the 60's and 70's. Sure you can add it, but it's a waste of money.

I've been running my '05 Mini in Maine since late 2004 and had zero issues with fuel/starting/whatever since I bought it. I have never added anything to the fuel. Ditto with my wife's Honda. Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts