MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had heard any whispers on any new MINI developments ? TLC is gonna be available on the S, so I guess will be continued on the one and Cooper.
Just curious as to when the glovebox will be available and if any new colours are due ? I recall the factory picture with the lovely powder blue car outside....
Thanks....

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
smartbomb said:
Just wondering if anyone had heard any whispers on any new MINI developments ? TLC is gonna be available on the S, so I guess will be continued on the one and Cooper.
Just curious as to when the glovebox will be available and if any new colours are due ? I recall the factory picture with the lovely powder blue car outside....
Thanks....
TLC will be available for 'as long as possible' I would expect for at least this models life time (as in the 'mk 1' new MINI).

Glovebox, no idea on that, but cannot see why it wont be available very soon. It is useful, but I don't like the look of it myself.

As for the lovely candy blue colour, that is what I want to know, when can we have it?!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..any ideas where the pic is of that candy blue car..have had a good hunt round but can't find it ?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
smartbomb said:
..any ideas where the pic is of that candy blue car..have had a good hunt round but can't find it ?
This is the only picture of a Candy Blue I can think of (but I'm sure someone will come up with a better one)

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bruce, that's what I was looking for ! Now that I have seen it again, I think yellow is looking more and more likely ! Unless there are more colours coming. On the MINI webchat the designers admitted that white would be available, surely other colours would be added ? Am I right in remembering a mention that the current yellow would be replaced ?

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul,
I'm not too convinced on that blue ! Looks like left-overs from the days of BMC, would suit something like an Ital !
As for white..not my colour, any truth in the yellow rumour ? or any pics of this new red/purple ? Personally I'd go for a fairly bold yellow or a morello cherry hue.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice Line UP!

Bruce K,

Thanks for the pic of the MINI line up.
Now I really don't know what color I want.
PS: The Indi Blue in the back looks nice though!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MGB BOY,
I have owned previoulsy and MGBGT and MGB and yes that blue does spring to mind when I think of MG shows that I have been to !
MY B was citron yellow, which was the lariest of all the colours available by my reckoning ! run only for a year ! I guess it's why I may opt for a yellow MINI, as everyone could recognise my car from a mile away ! It REALLY stood out !
The MINI due to the black areas - wheels arches and glass-house is quite colour sesnitive. Each to their own colour-wise but I think that pale blue is too much of a retro colour. White speaks for itself ! My current mini is metallic dark grey and I think would transfer well to a MINI.
My current favourite is yellow, but this I think is too wishy-washy and not bold enough. The electric blue only for the S would be my first choice, and silk green is under-rated !
I'm just hoping that some new colours will be announced to help ease my decision....

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Paul,
Yeah I figured it might be the ame blue. It'sjus that this pic came from the factory tour story which is going back a bit now....I guess it must be a pre-production S, considering that the bonnet is partially covered !
Rats and damnation ! I want new colours and I want 'em now !

·
Registered
612 Posts
Pepper White (Old English White for MG fans)
Velvet Red,(Metallic Plummy Burgundy colour)
Available from Week 10 (March ) production, ask your dealer for details, or see them on MINIUSA.com

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers M !
I may visit my dealer over the weekend..or failing that may give the MINI helpline no. a try !
Yellow is still my first choice.....
Pics of yellow/white with white chili wheels anyone ??!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts