MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with my local dealer in NW London -

Ordered black with white roof, Pepper pack Cooper in late January.

Took until last week for the correct order form to arrive - the first (sent 2 weeks earlier, and 2 weeks after I put my deposit down) was missing my p/x details and some money off that BMW had (very nicely) awarded me for troubles I had with our other car.

Anyway, very, very poor communication - always busy, rarely returning calls, but (mainly through the receptionist) I've been following the order through, looking forward to the day, this Monday I was told that the car was at the vehicle delivery centre meaning the dealer would have it within a week, after which in 4 days it would be mine!!!! Hooray.

For the rest of this week I've been trying to nail down a concrete date/reg number so I can sort out finance and insurance.

Finally tonight the salesman called me and told me that because of a mistake in the order, the car that was 'mine' was a completely bare Cooper - no leather, no airbags nothing - due to a mistake in the order form - their mistake the form he quoted originated from the initial quote they gave me on the p/x.

The dealer has now told me that I'll get the car mid-April instead of early March, it might be early April but no promises. When I said right - your mistake I either want a loan car (which he refused as I still have my p/x), or a (token) amount of money off - also refused, as 'there isn't much money in the car anyway' - I got no-where, basic attitude - tough!

Really pee'ed off to be honest, and I'd love to hear of all opinions/experiences as I prepare my rant!

Thanks

Pete

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
peteri said:
Just wanted to share my experience with my local dealer in NW London -

Ordered black with white roof, Pepper pack Cooper in late January.

Took until last week for the correct order form to arrive - the first (sent 2 weeks earlier, and 2 weeks after I put my deposit down) was missing my p/x details and some money off that BMW had (very nicely) awarded me for troubles I had with our other car.

Anyway, very, very poor communication - always busy, rarely returning calls, but (mainly through the receptionist) I've been following the order through, looking forward to the day, this Monday I was told that the car was at the vehicle delivery centre meaning the dealer would have it within a week, after which in 4 days it would be mine!!!! Hooray.

For the rest of this week I've been trying to nail down a concrete date/reg number so I can sort out finance and insurance.

Finally tonight the salesman called me and told me that because of a mistake in the order, the car that was 'mine' was a completely bare Cooper - no leather, no airbags nothing - due to a mistake in the order form - their mistake the form he quoted originated from the initial quote they gave me on the p/x.

The dealer has now told me that I'll get the car mid-April instead of early March, it might be early April but no promises. When I said right - your mistake I either want a loan car (which he refused as I still have my p/x), or a (token) amount of money off - also refused, as 'there isn't much money in the car anyway' - I got no-where, basic attitude - tough!

Really pee'ed off to be honest, and I'd love to hear of all opinions/experiences as I prepare my rant!

Thanks

Pete
My advice:

There mistake cancel your order demand tour money back then get in touch with NEO of here. He has a Black Pepper back, not sure what spec, but I do know its well specced. Its even got a cool chequered roof. I'd of had it if I'd not wanted Chilli pack and had to wait
Anyway get intouch with Neo, top bloke, pity I didn't order mine from him (don't ask).

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
It wasn't Park Lane BMW was it? If so ignore this bit:

Park Lane did us proud with our 3 series Beemer, so give them a try. Although I have to admit last year I was asking about a Mini with Tiffany (head of sales there and who I sorted out my Ma's 3 series with) and she said wasn't her department and she'd get mini bit to ring me back but they didn't.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
who was your dealer?
I had a crap experience so took my deposit and business to Stephen James in north london
they have been very helpful

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
So basically you have to re-order your car again:(

If I were you I would take your business elsewhere. If that is what they are like *before* you have got your car imagine what they are going to be like after.

LMB:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Similar thing happened to me. Norwich dealer damaged roof of my car on day I was due to collect.

Stangely enough, I ended up buying the replacement from ...a dealer in NW London!! I used Milcars in Borehamwood, who were brilliant and got the replacement in 1/3rd of the time Lind's quoted.

As Apial and I have suggested in posts elsewhere, it's time MINI realised that replacement cars for dealer/MINI cock-ups should get to jump the queue.

PS. I think you need to name the dealership(s) involved.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
They given you another car while you wait for the Cooper :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
A cock up was made with my MINI at the factory, even though all the order forms had been correct. I was told an hour before collecting my Cooper that they had sprayed the roof white instead of black, but still leaving the wing mirrors black! How that got through the factory I dont know! The dealership offered to get the roof resprayed black asap, and fearing waiting the whole 4 months again I agreed. Maybe I shouldn't?

Needless to say they did a first class respray and I am kinda happy with it.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I take you dont have a sunroof then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies - they really helped me realise that what I thought was right.

Conclusion?

The dealer was Milcars in Borehamwood - nice enough people, but strike me as very understaffed and unable to cope.

Called first thing Friday - told the same thing, no loaner, no money off, dealer then said - 'what delivery date in April is good for you'.

I asked if he had a pen and he replied yes - so I said right down my credit card details, because I want you to refund my deposit.

He asked why, and I said well why should I bother dealing with you when you're offering me nothing, and quoting the same time as anyone else - so why not go to someone who won't make glaring cockups and then be rude.

Talk about change of tone! What can I do for you? Basically I said I wasn't being unreasonable - but I wanted a token of their contrition.

Upshot is I've got the TLC package for nothing - not much (£100) but better than nothing and atleast an admission of error!

Thanks again.

Pete

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
peteri said:
Upshot is I've got the TLC package for nothing - not much (£100) but better than nothing and atleast an admission of error!

Thanks again.

Pete
Job done;)

·
Astronaut
572 Posts
Be careful though - I went through a similar experience and got some money off (around £140), however that doesn't make it up for the poor service I got from the dealership, both the sales and service departments.
If I had to do it again I would be very careful what dealership to choose, even if it involves a bit more travelling...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts