MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I post this in Australian region is because I'd like to know how many Australian Mini owners experience this prob..

anyone?
I found out a couple of days ago that my gearbox is making sewing-machine like noise.
I took it the the dealer and they said that the gearbox is faulty. What frustrates me more is my warranty has finished.

I'm thinking of selling my Mini and get a better and more reliable car.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
leon1982 said:
I'm thinking of selling my Mini and get a better and more reliable car.
hah I have almost 18 months of warranty left and this thought still goes through my mind most days of the week...

lucky it's so much fun to drive! Good luck with the gearbox

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I've discussed this twice with my dealership and been told firmly that the noise (even though it does exist) will not be fixed. Never. Don't think about it.

Tell you a funny story about the noise - a couple of weeks ago my wife and I were stationery at a set of lights, and the radio wasn't on, we were just talking, etc. She starts looking at the sky above through the windscreen, obviously trying to find something up there. I asked what she was looking for and she said she could hear a helicopter and was looking for it. THAT'S HOW BAD THE NOISE IS. And I have to live with it. Try selling a car with noises like that.

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
my gearbox made noises only becuase the Clutch Fork Bush collapsed and the clutch fork was rubbing against the preasure plate all the time. if your pedal feel has changed it may be that... i has read a few threads in the US chat area where people have had this same problem. Later model ones came with an alloy bush rather the plastic in the early ones.

Sorry to hear your unhappy with your mini :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
CanberraCooperS
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing