MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in response to BruceK's request for more activity.
Once again guilty as charged, I've done a lot more lurking than posting.

In all the lurking I've never seen another South African flag attched to a post.

There is a very active flow of messages between members in the US and (separately) memebers in Australia discussing launch dates, building MINI dealerships, spec etc.

The MINI is due to launch here (South Africa) in March, am I the only guy in the entire country who'se interested?

I miss the oppurtunity to discuss the trials and tribulations of waiting and finding out whether my particular dealer is up to speed or not.

Looking on the positive side, I put my name down for an S in October, one of the first few in the country (supposedly in June) should be mine based on the level of South African interest. Any South Africans lurking out there, come lets register and get talking.

:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not really a South African but I lived there for a couple of years and are still a resident. You guys down there in the motherland must have huge pockets considering the price tag. How much is it? An S will set you back around 170 G´s??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thought I'd revive this thread. Now the question - where are all the South African Members? I recently became the owner of a Mini Cooper. I live in George (Garden Route), and there's 4 or 5 Mini's in town (that's if no one is hiding their cars somewhere in a garage). Anyone ever thought of having a gathering in say Cape Town? Hope to hear from from you soon!

·
PhilSporty
132 Posts
Hi SA

SA-Cooper said:
Thought I'd revive this thread. Now the question - where are all the South African Members? I recently became the owner of a Mini Cooper. I live in George (Garden Route), and there's 4 or 5 Mini's in town (that's if no one is hiding their cars somewhere in a garage). Anyone ever thought of having a gathering in say Cape Town? Hope to hear from from you soon!
Used to live in Jhb for 20 years moved back to UK 18 months ago, will be there again for 3-weeks from 20 March for hols. I used to have a lot to do with the BMW/LR dealer network-say hi to Lynn Schroder for me.
I have a an all black Cooper 'S' on order will pick it up on 7th April when I get home-can't wait.
Hope Cape Town outing comes off have a great time, wish I could join in
Regards
Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts