MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Little Red Rocket
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got pics of their interior with optional body coloured dash in Chilli Red? I've searched the web and forums here for pictures, with no luck! I've ordered a Cooper S in Red/White, which is due to arrive in April 05 and can't decide whether to add the optional dash in place of the alloy patina item. Some pictures would help me persuade the other half that it's a good idea!!

Any help Appreciated :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have seen photos here previously, probably not a month ago. It looks awesome in pictures, although it wasn't an available option for me. If it had been I definitely would have done it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have a Chili Red on order, due the end of this month :) and went with the body colored dash. We were convinced by seeing an orange Mini Convertible with the colored dash...

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I love the color coded dash - especially in Chili Red. I don't have it, but I do love the look ;)

This pic is compliments of the search function and BidiMINI's gallery. Congrats on a beautiful MINI!

·
Little Red Rocket
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thankyou everybody...especially Steffanie for the pic! The idea is sold, and I'll be phoning the dealer soon to add it to the order :D

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
fabulous choice on the dash! I absolutely love it. I wish I had one in mine. I think all the 2005s in our club have the color coded dash and they all look amazing.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
I had thought about getting the dash panels removed and painted red chilli red before it ever became an option. It really does look brilliant - go for it!

Tigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
possible to add on?

Is it possible to add the red dash? In other words, can you buy the parts separatly and have them fitted? I have a 2004 mini and LOVE the red dash- what do you guys think?

·
Autocross Junkie!
21 Posts
We love the CR dash in our MCC (photo above). We were excited to be able to get that option instead of the other options, and with the chrome-lined interior, the extra flash really makes the red pop. I've taken a number of friends (non-MINI owners) for rides in the past couple of weeks since we picked her up, and the dash is the one thing everyone comments positively about... that is besides the rather spirited demo ride they get :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Holy moly, that is a sweet combo! Dark silver was at the top of my list, but I'm having a moral dilemma spending $400+ extra just for metallic paint! (Thanks a lot, BMW...) I've never had to spend extra for metallic paint on any of my other vehicles. And they were all bigger vehicles too. :D

Red, red, red....hmmm. And what's the single stripe in front and back? Is that a dealer option or aftermarket? Beautiful car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the reasons I waited for the 05's was to get the color coded dash. I love mine. CR/W. I strongly recommend the interior chrome package along with it. Really sharpens it. Nick

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
From what I've read elsewhere, no. If you look at the right side of the '05 dash, you'll see that it's one piece over the airbag and a/c vent. The '04 is two separate pieces there. I imagine there would be some issue with airbag deployment if you switched over to the '05 design.

You could always get the pieces painted though.

arodzx said:
Is it possible to add the red dash? In other words, can you buy the parts separatly and have them fitted? I have a 2004 mini and LOVE the red dash- what do you guys think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Fizzy,
Picking up my new Cooper S JCW tomorrow with chili red dash. Wasn't sure when suggested to me (by the dealer) though the pictures look fab. Will take some piccies tomorrow....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had my Chili Dash for 2 months now. I was quite surprised at it's durability. Not a scratch on it after many a passenger and objects brushing it.

Jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
paint it

After much debating- I'm thinking I HAVE to just have the plastic pieces painted chili red. I'm assuming a paint shop can do it to match the paint? I know that they add "flex" additive into the paint for plastic parts. Has anyone done this/?

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I haven't had the dash painted, but I know people who have. I'm eventually adding new side skirts & getting my arches/trim painted - thinking about doing the dash at the same time. ;)

Post pics if you get it done!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.