MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said they'll offer DINAN upgrades that will be warranteed by MINI (no surprise there w/ the BMW connection). Has anybody heard yet what DINAN has in the works for our cars?

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
Dinan is a tuner in the US. They are somewhat similar to Schnitzer or Alpina. They make excellent quality products and specialize in high performance upgrades that not only make the car faster, but most of the time, make the car even more drivable for daily situations as well. Jim Comforti and Autothority are other US tuners that may have plans for the MINI as well.

-Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
I spoke with a Dinan rep last month, and they were preparing to sign a deal with John Cooper Garages to import and co-develop products. I have not heard any definite details yet. Mini mania has developed a turbo for the cooper, and are planning an SMG tranny for the S. When I get more details on warranty and products from Dinan, I'll try and let you know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Ken,

I see you're in Baltimore so you aren't that far from Philly. Helix Motorsport will be making some aftermarket goodies for the MINI too. Most noteworthy is they are developing a chip from GAIC. GAIC makes some of the best chips out there.

Helix ECU upgrade

They said they will also be looking into turbo systems too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts