MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my MINI's computer I have 125 miles until I need to take it for a service.

Has anyone else had theirs done yet? How long does it take?? It's only an oil service so I should only need a couple of hours off work surely??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Out of interst Monsta - How many miles have you done now? I presume it isn't 9875? :)

I've done 387* miles and my service interval thing says 4750 to go until service...

Cheers,

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had done 8500 miles before the light came on. The clever little computer works out how long it is until your next service by mileage and how hard you drive it.

Guess I must have been pushing it a bit

:D

Anyway, I had my service yesterday and it only took about an hour. They also cleaned it inside and out which was good as I didn't get to do it at the weekend! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the TLC package do you not have to pay for parts? i.e. oil, filters, pads, etc? I thought that as the the mini had service intervals of 10 and then 15 thousand miles, then TLC would only cover you for 3 services? If the indicator determines that you need more than this, then do you have to pay?

·
Registered
334 Posts
turnin said:
On the TLC package do you not have to pay for parts? i.e. oil, filters, pads, etc? I thought that as the the mini had service intervals of 10 and then 15 thousand miles, then TLC would only cover you for 3 services? If the indicator determines that you need more than this, then do you have to pay?
TLC only covers you for the three services - rag your car and those three services will come round before the 10 and 15k intervals. But hey, the car's for driving and by the looks of things mine is going to need serviced well before 10k......

kjs

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turnin said:
On the TLC package do you not have to pay for parts? i.e. oil, filters, pads, etc?
It includes parts and labour required in the service program. i.e. if something else needs doing it will cost you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad to hear i'm not the only one thashing the nuts off the car, do seem to have a problem though...

can't seem to remove my foot from the go pedal!!!!

everybody have fun!! servicing is nothing to worry about

oh and if you read the manual it does say that BMW will not pay for extra services due to excessive hard driving.

don't know if thats the exact wording but somthing along those lines.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It does cover you for 50,000 miles.

1st service 10,000
2nd 25,000
3rd 40,000
4th 55,000

Approx

Dave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts