MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been doing a couple lately to try and simulate what mine will look like if i spent a bit of money at the bodyshop. I really want to smooth off all the handles, badges, plates ect. Get it looking something like this....

As it is now-------------

After a quick photoshop........

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
so how do you plan to make this a legal car, no wing mirrors, no side repeaters, no number plate, oh actually how do you plan to get in the car:confused:

First mod would be to get rid of the pine tree airfreshener, its a bit chav, unless thats your thing?:)

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
the way you get in the car is through the trunk!
hahaha

actually you can install actuators that "pop" the door open. this is controlled with a remote/keyless entry thing. its neat. ive seen it on some import cars.

Just make sure you have a plan "B" when the battery or the remote goes out. i have a friend who had to Bash his windows in because he shaved off the locks and had no way to get in.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I just don't understand why? Handles are there for a reason, to make opening doors nice and easy, those on the MINI are very nicely designed and part of the character to be in chrome and obvious:)

Surely the Saxo is a better choice if there is some fear of handles as those a little more hidden, or perhaps some kind of antiseptic wipe if its a fear of germs?:)

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
Not sure why people think that taking every possible bit of trim and badge off a car makes it look cooler but to each his own I guess. I must admit that I think many cars, particularly North American ones with all their extra plastic trim could benefit from a de-badging but the MINI works quite well stock.

hehe, this sounds like my post recently about car stereos don't it? ;) No disrespect intended :)

Cheers.

J\

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my original post wasnt that clear, sorry....

Just to clarify--- I am not planning to have this work done-- im just mucking about on photoshop. Firstl i would never trust any bodyshop to carry this work out on a new car. Secondly, it would be extremely expensive to do -----I love the mini as it is and am spending my money on engine and interior mods.

You can get solonoids fitted very easily to dehandled car-- i had my last car dehandled as an anti theft device as much as for improved looks.

P.S--- I dont see how an air freshener makes me a chav---- maybe you are just a smelly ******* but i personally enjoy the vanilla smell in my car every morning

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jason2025 said:
Not sure why people think that taking every possible bit of trim and badge off a car makes it look cooler but to each his own I guess. I must admit that I think many cars, particularly North American ones with all their extra plastic trim could benefit from a de-badging but the MINI works quite well stock.

hehe, this sounds like my post recently about car stereos don't it? ;) No disrespect intended :)

Cheers.

J\

I personally prefer cars with as little interuptions on the outside as possible... I detest the roof graphics and viper stripes for the mini--- dont see why anyone would have these

·
Registered
836 Posts
In defence of air fresheners!

LOL, I have one - and it's a pine tree "new car" scent - but I hang it from my indicator conrol arm, where even I can't see it! :D

Also the door popping thing, I know someone who did that to a punto, I thought it looked funny, like there was something different but you had to stand there and look for 20 minutes before you could see what it was (unless you were trying to get in, then I spose you'd notice straight away). I like the MINI door handles have to say. I'd miss mine :)

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
I like the door handles on the mini! Anyway I think a car needs door handles - went out in a TVR the other week, had no idea how to get in or out of the car as you have to press a button under the wing mirror to get in (should ahve known this as saw i on Footballers Wives!) and a button on the dash to get out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.