MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into my dealers yesterday to spec up my replacement for the Banana Mobile and had every intention of keeping with the yellow/black.

My dealer has suddenly become more attentive to my needs after my rejection saga so he drove me over to their pound to look at some interior options, new light grey etc.. On the way home I mentioned to him that I thought it was a shame that we couldn't have the Velvet Red that the states have as I love it.

He told me that in fact it has just been announced that from March production you can have this and Pepper White (for the people with no taste out there!). I was an extremely happy man and ordered my replacement in Velvet red/black, for delivery around 14th March. Hopefully will be one of the first in the UK.

I've got a red/white Cooper to use until it arrives and have upgraded my spec to:

Cooper, Velvet Red/black, ASC+T, Multi-function wheel, Heated washers, Auto AC, CD Boost and bootloader, Space saver, Pepper pack with 7 hole alloys.

Can't wait, all excited like the first time. Just hope all is well with this one!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Varse said:
Went into my dealers yesterday to spec up my replacement for the Banana Mobile and had every intention of keeping with the yellow/black.

My dealer has suddenly become more attentive to my needs after my rejection saga so he drove me over to their pound to look at some interior options, new light grey etc.. On the way home I mentioned to him that I thought it was a shame that we couldn't have the Velvet Red that the states have as I love it.

He told me that in fact it has just been announced that from March production you can have this and Pepper White (for the people with no taste out there!). I was an extremely happy man and ordered my replacement in Velvet red/black, for delivery around 14th March. Hopefully will be one of the first in the UK.

I've got a red/white Cooper to use until it arrives and have upgraded my spec to:

Cooper, Velvet Red/black, ASC+T, Multi-function wheel, Heated washers, Auto AC, CD Boost and bootloader, Space saver, Pepper pack with 7 hole alloys.

Can't wait, all excited like the first time. Just hope all is well with this one!
I LOVE that colour, but it's not available in Australia. Maybe this will change before full S specs are available.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Well done varse! THat is the colour I really wanted after seeing it at the NEC in 2000. It looks great especially with black I am thinking about changing my car for it.

Let me know what you think!

James

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Basil said:
Another picture for the converted......:D

Ps. I know you hate this colour LMB !!!;)

That's freeky!!!

It is like you can read my mind. You post information about the Type-R while I am reading about it, then you write a letter to BMW at the same time as me (didn't say before, but it is true), now I was thinking as I read the thread that I don't like the colour, then I get to your post..Ahhhhh

LMB:eek:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Is that definatley the same car because I think i can get a very good pic from the NEC 2000 if it is the same colour.

James

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks that is excellent, looks absolutely fantastic. I'm going for the black roof though, just my preference, think it's a bit more classy than white.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I agree I think I might change or if situation does not improve reject mine for the velvet and black combo.

Looks much better in the flesh a lot less brown exactly like the last photo.

enjoy!

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
the bloke in the picture

the bloke in the picture is indeed me, taken by paul when we toured the factory. As far as the colour is concerned it was originally called "root beer" and sadly in my opinion looks alot like a metallic russet brown from a lot of angles, not be my choice personally.
Ady (R50)

ps thanks for IDing me paul so much for secret identities,
ho hum :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
To be honest it does look better in that pic..less brown and more nightfire red - a Rover colour....I like it !
Saw a yellow MINI one today....erm...erm...no offence guys but may re-consider the yellow choice !

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need to see it up close now, you've started to worry me now. It will be like when I ordered the yellow without seeing it, that turned out great, so fingers crossed.

The yellow only works with either a black or white roof I think, doesn't look good with body coloured like the One IMO. So don't judge it on that.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Varse said:
I need to see it up close now, you've started to worry me now. It will be like when I ordered the yellow without seeing it, that turned out great, so fingers crossed.
Well at worst it will be original:)

It must be Christmas has come again ordering your new Mini. Your spec looks top notch, and I have to admit I am slightly jealous of the MFSW. I tried to order that on my car but alas was too late. I hope you have better luck this time;)

LMB:D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Hi Varse,
Have trawled through some yellow Cooper pics , and yes the ONE looks OK in yellow, but the contrasting roof of the Cooper works wonders !
Still undecided on the colour ! I think it'll end up yellow, but subject to change (many) !
Besides as my budget is tight, going metallic will knock on to other options ! may go for yellow and chili with white roof and wheels.....possible audio upgrade or maybe pepper and 17s....HELP !
Need more yellow and white chili pics !!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts