MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning a trip with my MCS to visit my parents in Miami for Christmas holidays and I would like to take an appointment at MINI Fort Lauderdale, to get a service done.

My problem is that I can't find their website or a phone number in order to schedule an appointment...

Does anyone from the Fort Lauderdale region could give me their phone # please! :D

Thanks for the help!

BTW, If anyone is interessed in a MINI-meet during Christmas holidays, I'm in for sure! :p

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,

I got my car at Vista yesterday for an inspection 2 and to get small things fixed...

I called them today to know if it was ready and they didn't even started working on it....

They are as deceiving as Canadian dealers... very poor MINI experience! :(

So, I got my car in yesterday for absolutly nothing...

If Vista reads this, go to hell!

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:

I went back to Vista to take my car back before they got their hands on it... I didn't want those #$%?$ to touch my MCS!

I then went to see MINI Fort Lauderdale... They are MUCH better than Vista! First, they received me as a BMW customer and they got me an appointment for next Monday...

Great service from Fort Lauderdale and shame on Vista!

end of the story!

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update: (keeping the thread alive!)

I have dropped my car this morning and I must admit that Fort Lauderdale service is awesome!! Lamont, the MINI advisor, really rocks!!! :p He does care about MINI and he knows his stuff. I've had a problem with my xenon leveling system for a long time now and he found the problem... defect headlights... so he ordered a new set and I will have my car by tomorrow afternoon. This guy, and his technicians, are really great!

The dealer even loaned me a car for the whole day...A clean Dodge Magnum! :cool:

Way to go Fort Lauderdale!

And, Vista MINI is really disappointing... They are in for money... Fort Lauderdale charged me 40.00$ less than Vista for the same job...

I wrote to MINIUSA about Vista and I got a reply telling me that they were sorry about that and that Vista was independant so there was nothing they could do... Maybe giving MINI a bad reputation isn't enough for them...

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I also met another MINI owner at Fort Lauderdale... We had chance to talk a bit and he was very nice. He mentionned he was sometimes looking at MINI2 forums so he might be a member...

Keep motoring and keep the good work Fort Lauderdale!!! :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am from Miami but when I was shopping for my new MINI Lauderdale MINI seemed to be the way to go, the other dealers just didn't seem as friendly and knowledgable.

After having taken my MINI in for scheduled service a couple of times, I am even more impressed with them. Last time I left my car they found a couple of oil spots when they moved it so they told me and kept it overnight for observation by putting a white paper under it, all the while I was driving around in a loaner MINI. Nothing was wrong, no oil leak, picked it up the next day and am very happy to see a dealer care as much as they do about making sure everything is right with the car.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Lauderdale MINI rocks! Kudos to Lamount Thomas and Franz Laman for their prompt, courteous and professional service.

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Lamont is a really nice guy! He is so funny!

I've been to Lauderdale MINI 3 times and everytime, he was really nice with me and he gave me the BEST service I've ever seen at a MINI dealer in more than 75000km of hard motoring!

Two thumbs up to Lamont and Fort Laudedale MINI crew!!! :D

Really, I've never seen a dealer that good!

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
I'm sorry to just now see this post. I could've warned you about Vista, but unfortunately you had to see for yourself. Lauderdale MINI is the way to go. I'm glad you left Vista and went to Lauderdale...the best decision you could've made!
Lamont is the bomb! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ouch!

just bought my new PW/B cooper from lauderdale mini and have to say that the sales dept is great... really nice and easy to deal with. i must admit i'm having my doubts about service, though.

one of the chrome trim pieces on rear of the car had an odd speckled discoloration on it, so i brought it in to be replaced about 3 days after taking delivery.

while taking off the piece of chromed plastic, the tech not only managed to scratch about a foot of the paint and to break off a plastic endcap, but also to actually dent the metal below the trim!

the tech obviously used some sort of pry bay to lift up the chrome piece, but didn't protect the metal underneath when doing so... hence the dent. i'm flabbergasted at how stupid this was. who in their right mind damages bodywork to fix a plastic cosmetic part?!?

to add insult to injury, the tech didn't come clean about the damage -- just handed the car over to the service advisor like everything was fine, hoping noone would notice.

this isn't confidence-inspiring!

if they are this ham-handed on a minor cosmetic repair, what's gonna happen when i bring it in for an actual service?

anybody have any recent feedback on them? i live in west palm beach, so lauderdale is a drive for me. i have avoided braman in west palm because i've heard so many bad things about them... but after this first visit to lauderdale, i'm beginning to wonder if lauderdale is worth the drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts