MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted my auto insurance rep. today to see what I might expect to pay for annual coverage. No such car says she! You must be joking says I! You mean to tell me I've had $500 down on nothing for 6 months and 3 days! Yup, she says.
Call me when you get a V.I.N. is the best I could get.
Has anyone else tried to get a quote?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I asked my Insurance carrier the same question a few weeks ago, myself. No luck either. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yeah, they won't really know until the car (physically) hits our shores and you have a VIN. Same thing happened when I bought my S2000

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
S2000&CooperS said:
Yeah, they won't really know until the car (physically) hits our shores and you have a VIN. Same thing happened when I bought my S2000
I'm curious - when your S2000 was first insured it was based upon some assumptions because it was a new model without any history of claims (like the MINI will be). Now that the S2000 has been out for a while, have your rates changed?

·
Registered
930 Posts
BruceK said:

I'm curious - when your S2000 was first insured it was based upon some assumptions because it was a new model without any history of claims (like the MINI will be). Now that the S2000 has been out for a while, have your rates changed?

Good question Bruce! I just traded my 00 for an 02 S2000 and the insurance only went up $3 per month. So no, the rates haven't really changed although when I first bought the car they said the rates would probably change as time passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts