MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife is having to decide on a color. she's decided on hyper blue or orange. any pics or comments of either color. Heck, I'd like any pics of your verts. We're nearly 2 hours away from the closest dealership, so it's not like we can conveniently stop by and look.

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is our HO MCC - Picked it up yesterday

rbridges said:
my wife is having to decide on a color. she's decided on hyper blue or orange. any pics or comments of either color. Heck, I'd like any pics of your verts. We're nearly 2 hours away from the closest dealership, so it's not like we can conveniently stop by and look.

thanks
As requested...

We pre-ordered this before seeing the colour samples.. the first time we saw this was at the NEC launch..
We think we've have made the right choice as it looks excellent in this colour.. it's certainly only one of two that our local dealer has taken orders for to date.

Alzy

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love the orange colour and was very tempted to order mine in that colour, but what about the re-sale value. Does anyone think it would be a lot harder to sell an orange Mini?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the orange looks great w/the black. I think my wife may be leaning toward the hyper blue, however. The dealer called and said their allocation was more than they expected. hopefully, it will be around the end of the year or sooner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Karly said:
I love the orange colour and was very tempted to order mine in that colour, but what about the re-sale value. Does anyone think it would be a lot harder to sell an orange Mini?
IMHO, the photo's make this car look more orange than it really is.. go see one in the "flesh" before you make your mind up.

According to the press, the launch colours always command a slightly higher resale price than the standard, but to be honest, you aren't going to lose a great deal on one of these.. I read somewhere an estimated 2% depreciation in the first year.

·
Registered
771 Posts
re

alzy_mac said:
As requested...

We pre-ordered this before seeing the colour samples.. the first time we saw this was at the NEC launch..
We think we've have made the right choice as it looks excellent in this colour.. it's certainly only one of two that our local dealer has taken orders for to date.

Alzy

whats that mini thing on the seat belt in the back can we have a closer pic splease

·
Registered
16 Posts
jordan said:
whats that mini thing on the seat belt in the back can we have a closer pic splease
wow, someone has sharp eyes..

It's a set of seat belt "squishy things" that go over your shoulder with MINI Cooper stitched in... great for bare shoulders.

No close up pictures yet, but they simply attach around the seat belt and fasten with velcro.. I got them on ebay from a company in Canada (also came wih a smaller version that fits around the handbrake).. official MINI merchandise??

Anyone spotted the clear repeaters on the side.. better the amber methinks??

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ordered a MOC in Hot Orange as I think it is the only 'fun' colour that the car is available in so its nice to see peoples convertibles in Hot Orange to get a feel for what mine might look like. The only trouble is that non of them seem to have the standard MOC black grill - would love to see a pic of that if anyone can oblige

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Excuse me?

Just saw this post as it got pushed to the top.

Two things - although you've no doubt already ordered...

1: I was taken with Purple Haze based on the on screen representation..when I saw it in reality it was not for me at all...nothing like the on screen color.

and

2: As an Ex-Pat Cheesehead I must ask why you wouldn't order Liquid Yellow with the green top :~)

Peter
now in Denver

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Peter Crowl
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing