MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone had any faults/problems with their JCW ?

I picked mine up last Wednesday and the faults so far are :

1. Factory forgot to fit darkened rear glass
2. small puncture marks on the punch leather (passenger seat)
3.water rushing noise coming from engine bay behind the passenger airbag
4. window seal starting to come off from rear window
5. yesterday morning, I started the car up from cold and it made that really nasty knocking diesel noise. It did this for about 2 minutes after driving around then went away.

I'm really dissapointed with the quality control checks by Mini. I'm also starting to worry about the engine as its only done 300 miles and aready theirs the knocking noise and the water rushing noise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done a search on them and know about the noises. I'm just making people aware that I have the problem and to see if anyone else has similar probs.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Damn! I was really really hoping the JCW might not make the "cold start noise" - that is something that is really really going to bug me - MINI will have to listen - previously people said a £17000 car (ie MCS) shouldnt make such noises - with that being so, a £21k car definitely shouldn't. I really hope they pull their finger out soon and sort this problem.

Sorry to hear about your other issues too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rogan,

The car i sbooked in for next Monday to have the rear glass replaced. I'm going to demand that the leather seat be replaced. I don't know if they can check the engine for the cold start issue as it has only done it once. The water rushing noise (airlock?) does it quite regularly so they should be able to sort that.

I'm really disappointed so far. This is my first ever brand new car and being a BMW/Mini and also the price I paid for her, I thought everything would be perfect.
I absolutely love the car though, as long as all the problems are fixed, I'll be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts