MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to know what could be done to trick the computer inorder to avoid the airbag light comes on ?! TIA ;)

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
KLZ said:
would like to know what could be done to trick the computer inorder to avoid the airbag light comes on ?! TIA ;)
Hi,

I fitted "Cobra Imola2" raceseats, which are great

My local BMW dealer fixed up the airbags for me. I had to use the OEM seatbelt insert, with pretensioners, which is bolted onto my seat, and plugged in.

It was then a simple matter of signing lots of waivers, putting warning stickers on the car etc, and the dealer re-set the software.

Check my gallery for some pics

Cheers

Robbo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
robbo mcs said:
Hi,

I fitted "Cobra Imola2" raceseats, which are great

My local BMW dealer fixed up the airbags for me. I had to use the OEM seatbelt insert, with pretensioners, which is bolted onto my seat, and plugged in.

It was then a simple matter of signing lots of waivers, putting warning stickers on the car etc, and the dealer re-set the software.

Check my gallery for some pics

Cheers

Robbo
Nice...how much did your dealer charged you? And what kind of coilovers are you running on? TIA ;)

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
KLZ said:
Nice...how much did your dealer charged you? And what kind of coilovers are you running on? TIA ;)
Hi,

I think from memory the dealer cost was something like $Aus250?

Also, I forgot to mention, that the seats are fitted on the oem rails, so that the forward and back seat adjustment works normally. However, the height is adjustable only by unbolting and rebolting the seat on the mounting brackets.

The coil-overs are a custom job. Pretty basic, but work well.

Cheers

Robbo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts