MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a March 2003 Mini Cooper and have recently had a problem with the car stalling when you come to a stop in a queue of traffic or lights etc. The car sounds like its labouring and the revs drop to about 500 RPM. The EML light then comes on and the can either stalls or the revs pick back up. Has anyone else exerienced this? Was in at the garage this week but they said that no engine faults had been recorded.

Also I need to fit new tyres to my car, really want goodyear eagle f1's but know the closest size that they do is 215/45/17. I know these are about the same diameter but wamdered if there were any problems fitting this size of tyres to the standard rims?

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to be worse when it is cold, but does do it after heated up aswell. This morning i started up my car and got out to let it defrost, after a while the car was reving normal, then dropping, then back to normal, then dropping.... The engine would labour when it dropped.

Also the other morning i held my foot on the accelerator with constant pressure at about 2000 RPM and the revs would drop, then pick up. Without my foot changing position.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This seems to be a known problem, although since I have an MCS, I've only paid attention to issues with it and not the Cooper so much. There are several threads on NAM about it and, at least for the MCS, the solution has been an ECU software update. Since you have an '03, has the software been updated to the latest version? If not, or you don't know, a trip to the dealer is in order.
:green:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.