MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Home with Me
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question, got some bonnett stripes from ministripes.com. In the installation instructions, it says not to wax the stripes, cause it causes them to loose their shine, Anyone have these and can tell me if that is true. Will be hard to wax everything but those.

Thanks

Paul

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I have non-mini stripes... I was advised by the fitter to wax them along with the rest of the car... I've only had the stripes a week so I've not had chance to confirm whether this is the best approach

·
mini? miiiiini.
30 Posts
i'll be the thorn in the side...

my 03mcs came with factory white stripes front and back, and i've waxed the hell out of them and they're beautiful. however, a lady friend of mine brough over her 04mcs and we washed them together (cute, i know) and i waxed her car for her after i did mine, and i was kicking myself in the **** because i could get these nasty marks off her stripes. she only has stripes on the bonnet, and theyre black on a liquid yellow mini... i'm not sure if hers are factory or not, same with mine.. but i did have a hell of a time trying to smooth out the lines, and areas of the black seemed pitifully faded/spotted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts