MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked the BMW parts about the Aux Jack Port, they said it is around $500 and the installation fee is $1000. Anybody know where can I install the AUX Port if I just buy the Aux Port in BMW and install it somewhere else! :red:

·
Car enthusiast
219 Posts
swithinhon said:
I asked the BMW parts about the Aux Jack Port, they said it is around $500 and the installation fee is $1000. Anybody know where can I install the AUX Port if I just buy the Aux Port in BMW and install it somewhere else! :red:
Is it something I can order along with the car or I have to bring my car to BMW for them to install it after I receive my car?

·
Registered
645 Posts
The AUX Jack Port is a $30 kit available from the dealer which simply plugs into the back of the head unit. Mounting the plug is a simple matter of drilling three holes per the instructions whereever you want it to be. I mounted mine in the glovebox per the factory instructions mainly because I wanted to hide the wires. I've attached some pix if it helps.

Attachments

·
Car enthusiast
219 Posts
ncdave said:
The AUX Jack Port is a $30 kit available from the dealer which simply plugs into the back of the head unit. Mounting the plug is a simple matter of drilling three holes per the instructions whereever you want it to be. I mounted mine in the glovebox per the factory instructions mainly because I wanted to hide the wires. I've attached some pix if it helps.
Thanks for the advice and pictures. I had the same setup with my Mini in the US not sure how it works in HK whether I can order it with the car. (Doesn't seem to be an option here, hm.... :( )

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey sorlo.
it has been a while oh?
they all use the same head unit.
so the aux port is gonna be the same. of course you are going to wire it to the other side of the car! haha!
Do it yourself, it is very easy. check NAM there are a lot of instructions.
i did it in 30minutes.
Of course, since the last time we talk i have been off track a little bit on my car.
I should say WAY OFF TRACK. i did some changes to mine, but still keep the Aux port.(Ipod adapter is out not, but not as good as i thought, since i have the PS2 in my car, i can not give up the aux port)

BTW, the Aux port use the CD changer plug, so it you have a changer in your car it will be a problem. It works with NAV cars since i have it in mine.

Hope this could help. Oh by the way, here is some of the new pics of my car! Oh Yeah!

·
MINI2 Master / Moderator
1,494 Posts
chrisfb1 said:
BTW, the Aux port use the CD changer plug, so it you have a changer in your car it will be a problem. It works with NAV cars since i have it in mine.
I have the CD-changer and NAV in my MCS and the AUX port still works fine. So it shoudl be the same in HK. It's very easy to install. I can complete the whole job in less than 30 mins.

I will post some pictures later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did some homework prior to my post. Managed to find only OutMotoring to carry the Aux input but they have no stock. Emailed them and still awaiting for their reply. My local dealer confirm they do not carry the product. They do not seem to be keen as they wanted to sell to more expensive adpater... Keep my finger cross, my OutMotoring will reply with good news...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.