MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Dinan Intake.

Nice piece, but I found the instructions confusing.

Specifically, the template provided showing where to cut is inadequate in my opinion.

Also, the illustrations provided show that they don't even follow their own template.

Getting the top cover on proved to be very difficult and frustrating. Luckily the filter change interval is 30,000 miles.

I wound up with air gaps on the ends of the rubber seal (1/8" or so) which I sealed with black silicone.

I also made an aluminum cover for the rubber seal and the silicone I put on. I thought the rubber seal looked unfinished and basically ugly.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Coopspeed said:
I wound up with air gaps on the ends of the rubber seal (1/8" or so) which I sealed with black silicone.

I also made an aluminum cover for the rubber seal and the silicone I put on. I thought the rubber seal looked unfinished and basically ugly.
Please post some pictures.

Here's some I took at a recent visit to Dinan in Morgan Hill ...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Yes, some pictures as well as opinions would be appreciated from anyone...

I really like the Dinan and am considering it (I have to wait to see if any JCW upgrade is offered first), it seems to me to be the best thought-out intake. I did speak to one person who heard from someone (...) that someone removed their dinan because there was no improvement but I find that hard to believe. So please share :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't believe it can be purchased online, only from dealers. I installed one last week for my friend, and I really like it. However, the directions are terrible. I guess that's what you get for buying something the month it comes out. Very nice intake though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
xianqi
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing