MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a set of Arceo Alpine Stars (dare x4 alloy wheel set, does anybody know anywhere?????? please??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
andymini1 said:
Im after a set of Arceo Alpine Stars (dare x4 alloy wheel set, does anybody know anywhere?????? please??? :D :D :D
Contact leccyblue on here ,several of us are part of his group buy ,I think he may have some spare .

See thread further down page

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
andymini1 said:

I think I'm currently the only M2 member to have a set of these 'ultra bling' wheels.... :D

I have a spare set on oprder should the group buy ever actually finish, although I seriuosly am starting to have my doubts....

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
I think I'm currently the only M2 member to have a set of these 'ultra bling' wheels.... :D

I have a spare set on oprder should the group buy ever actually finish, although I seriuosly am starting to have my doubts....
what makes you say that tony? :confused: :confused:
Don't you think the wheels will ever arrive? I must admit that they do seem to be taking quite a while to be 'shipped' accross from China... however i'm sure that a company such as Dare wouldnt wish for their reputation to be destroyed by this.

I phoned Dare a few weeks back, and in that phone call they said that the wheels should be ready for despatch in the UK within the next week or so.. now we are told that it could be around 5 more weeks??

I might give them another call on monday to see what really is going on.. :(

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
jonsimons said:
what makes you say that tony? :confused: :confused:
Don't you think the wheels will ever arrive? I must admit that they do seem to be taking quite a while to be 'shipped' accross from China... however i'm sure that a company such as Dare wouldnt wish for their reputation to be destroyed by this.

I phoned Dare a few weeks back, and in that phone call they said that the wheels should be ready for despatch in the UK within the next week or so.. now we are told that it could be around 5 more weeks??

I might give them another call on monday to see what really is going on.. :(

Well, when I give someone £100 for a deposit, I at least expect some paperwork to confirm an order, and a receipt. i've heard zip, nada, nothing, zilch - anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do agree that Dare should of given all of us a receipt of the deposit, however just because they haven't done that, it doesn't mean that we will never receive the wheels?

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
jonsimons said:
I do agree that Dare should of given all of us a receipt of the deposit, however just because they haven't done that, it doesn't mean that we will never receive the wheels?

How longs it been since they were orderred Jon, any idea?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
How longs it been since they were orderred Jon, any idea?
Well Dare were given the production date on the 5th of August, they told us that the wheels should take around 10 weeks to arrive in the UK.

Its now the 16th of September so its currently been 10 weeks and 2 days. We are now told that the wheels should be here in around 2 1/2 weeks time.
So its not so bad after all really? The wheels will only be 2 1/2 weeks late, which isant as bad as I expected to be honest.

:D

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
jonsimons said:
Well Dare were given the production date on the 5th of August, they told us that the wheels should take around 10 weeks to arrive in the UK.

Its now the 16th of September so its currently been 10 weeks and 2 days. We are now told that the wheels should be here in around 2 1/2 weeks time.
So its not so bad after all really? The wheels will only be 2 1/2 weeks late, which isant as bad as I expected to be honest.

:D

Being a 'doubting Thomas' (my surname....), I'll still believe it when I see it... ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Firstly to answer andymini1, these wheels will be availbale through West Tuning in around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks time - go to: www.west-tuning.com to get e-mail and phone numbers. I organised a group buy a few months back to get these wheels made but all the spaces have been allocated to Mini2 users, a set of 10 wheels were bought by West Tuning in order to sell on, so West Tuning will be the sole distributor for these wheels once they arrive.

Secondly, Tony, why do you think these wheels won't arrive?. I spoke to Jon at Dare around a week ago and he said they had already been made and were in the process of being shipped out (around 3 weeks for a UK delivery). The estimate of 10 weeks was exactly that - an estimate. So far they are only a few weeks behing schedule, which I can personally live with due to the price we are getting them for and the fact they have actually been made after all the trouble we had trying to convince the factory to make them due to the relatively low order. I have also written in previous posts that anyone wanting a receipt should get in contact with Dare who will send you one out. I agree, Dare should have sent out receipts for the deposit, but they haven't! a bit slack YES but no reason to doubt that we won't get the wheels.

Stop being a doubting Thomas, I think you're secretly hoping we don't get these wheels so you will own one of the only sets in the UK ;) lol :p :p :p :p :p :p :p seriously though mate, I have no reason to believe that we won't get these wheels. You just gotta have faith ;) :D

Tony, have you made a decison towards the 250bhp West conversion yet?

Cheers, LB

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Leccy_Blue said:
Stop being a doubting Thomas, I think you're secretly hoping we don't get these wheels so you will own one of the only sets in the UK ;) lol :p :p :p :p :p :p :p seriously though mate, I have no reason to believe that we won't get these wheels. You just gotta have faith ;) :D

Tony, have you made a decison towards the 250bhp West conversion yet?

Cheers, LB
No, no, hadn't crossed my mind that being the only person to have these stonking wheels would be a valid reason for the group buy to fail, no, not at all. No. Never. Ok, did. :D :D :D

I wil probably get the West Tuning 250bhp, probabl;y about a month after I grow tired of the 210bhp upgrade.

If the wheels never show up from China or wherever, what value will my current wheels have do you rekon? I might be tempted to sell them on.... although one of them needs reconditioning now, it got dragged down a kerb the other day.... gutted or what. Damage isn't deep fortunatly, just happens to be 1/3 of the way around the wheel.... :( :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
No, no, hadn't crossed my mind that being the only person to have these stonking wheels would be a valid reason for the group buy to fail, no, not at all. No. Never. Ok, did. :D :D :D

I wil probably get the West Tuning 250bhp, probabl;y about a month after I grow tired of the 210bhp upgrade.

If the wheels never show up from China or wherever, what value will my current wheels have do you rekon? I might be tempted to sell them on.... although one of them needs reconditioning now, it got dragged down a kerb the other day.... gutted or what. Damage isn't deep fortunatly, just happens to be 1/3 of the way around the wheel.... :( :(
One thing I've noticed after many years of owning tuned cars is how quickly you becomed used to the power. I reckon you'll be wanting that 250bhp upgrade VERY soon ;)

Sorry to hear about your kerbige! As for re-sale value of your wheels, I would expect they would sell for a bit less than the current price we will be paying for the Dare X4's with tyres, current price is about £650 with budget tyres or £750 with a premium tyre minus a few quid for the kerb damage! and for the last time, the wheels WILL turn up ;) :p :p :p :p

Cheers, LB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts