MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed,

Realised that the reversing light bulb (old style) had gone the other night. This is a problem as I need it to see up the drive. Easy to change, I thought, looked in the manual yep as expected squeeze some clips and out it pops.

Yeah right.

Who the hell thought that putting a big black plastic thing in underneath was going to help anyone. :mad:
The question is has anyone managed it without removing that thing, and if not how did you get that off I can only see the front three screws. Got one of the clips out but can't get to the other side, also tried to remove the bulb in-situ but can't twist it around enough due to something being in the way.

Surely I don't need to go the garage for such a stupid thing.

Please help an incompetent,

M

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2004 MC. I removed the rear lamp assembly and put in a halogen bulb from Daniel Stern Lighting that was supposed to be twice as bright...it definitely is brighter.
To remove the assembly, there were two tabs that are behind the assembly that you keep pressed towards eachother firmly while you firmly ,from the outside, press in on the assembly pushing the assembly into the bumper and it will drop out behind the bumper in to yuor hand...then you twist out the bulb holder socket

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I had to lever mine out with a screwdriver. First put tape on the bodywork and the lamp
as you don't want to leave any marks. Be gentle and take your time, it'll be the first time
it's been popped out ;) .

·
cristo
2,851 Posts
I used a screwdriver to push on one of the locking tabs behind the bumper...then I
could do the other side and push it out from behind.
Couldn't push hard enough with my fingers or thumb alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts