MINI Cooper Forum banner

Anyone noticed???

3K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  smiffy 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed how much attention we get? I know it sounds big headed but u even get looks from ppl in Porsches, Big BM's, Audi's etc or is this just me? Im lucky enough to borrow cars from work and borrowed a Audi TT for the weekend as a run in....It felt awful...im in 20+K worth of sports car and id rather be in my Lil baby!! ppl dont notice u, U get bored V V quickly. I couldnt wait till Monday when i swapped em back! Anyone else been spotted by ppl drivin cars like the ones above?? Or is it just the way i drive? lol

#2 ·
Dshelton said:
Has anyone noticed how much attention we get? I know it sounds big headed but u even get looks from ppl in Porsches, Big BM's, Audi's etc or is this just me? Im lucky enough to borrow cars from work and borrowed a Audi TT for the weekend as a run in....It felt awful...im in 20+K worth of sports car and id rather be in my Lil baby!! ppl dont notice u, U get bored V V quickly. I couldnt wait till Monday when i swapped em back! Anyone else been spotted by ppl drivin cars like the ones above?? Or is it just the way i drive? lol
Not just you ;) unless it's the way I drive too :D the best ones are when the passenger of said expensive car stares loose jawed much to the annoyance of the driver, that's happened a few times too :)

#6 ·
In the first week i had my One - in september - ( according to my dealer one of the first Ones in edinburgh) i saw someone walk into a lamp post becasue they were watching my car - as well as having someone hanging out the window of thier punto to wave at me - normally ok but i was the driver of the car!!! It's great having a car that turns heads like that - even now - 9 months on - i get comments on the car:D :D

#7 ·
On Monday when I had the coutesy MINI One (silk green) I had somebody wind thier window down as we were stopped at traffic lights and asked me all the usual questions... what engine?... How much insurance?... Is it quick?... etc.. etc... it still hapens, even after all these months :)

#9 ·
the best example i can remember was when i went to Monte Carlo last September, the car had never been seen in the flesh out there so everywhere i went people were asking about it, taking pictures etc etc.... the best bit was when i parked it next to all the Ferraris, Porsches and Lambos it got to a point when there were so many people looking at it i could see it anymore.... and then i had some posh nonce come and tell me to move because that space was reserved.... obvioulsly he was just jelous that nobody was looking at his Rolls or whatever, they were all looking at the MINI.

MINI goes in sight of posh lifestyle in Monte Carlo.... Succeeds THE END.:cool: :cool: :cool:

#10 ·
lol thats what I like to hear...You dont need to spend £100K+ to get noticed! Ido alot of work with Aston Martin and ppl lookin at the cars suddenly lose interest when the Mini turns up!! Smiles all round...U definetly get more bang for yer bucks!!

#19 ·
Toasty said:
Since getting my indigo beauty, I've had people waving at me and stopping to talk to me in supermarkets. My Punto (of blessed memory) never had such effect!
Welcome to the site :) I havent had this yet but Im always driving it :p :p :p Do get lots of old people pointing at the car :D :D :D

#21 ·
I pick mine up on Thursday - in fact, no I don't its ganna be delivered to my door! YEAY! :D

But I hope people look at it - I'm sure a few people did when I took it out for a test drive in London!

I've also noticed that there are quite a few new MINIs in London, mostly ONEs! Luckily, I'm just out of London, so it will be just that bit more rarer! :cool:

Anyway, I'll try and get some pics sorted out for Friday, which will mean getting them developed in under an hour then using the scanner at college to put em on here! :(

But damn, does your MINI look fine, Smiffy! I especially like the spoiler! I was also thinking about getting some chrome bits for my ONE! When I visited the showroom, to look at it and test drive it I saw a brand new silver ONE parked next to door, which disheartened me a bit cos it looked nicer than my black ONE. Mind you, I'm hoping it'll look just as nice when it's polished and not covered in crap! :rolleyes:

Anyway, talk to you all soon guys!

Have fun Smiffy!

Pat

#25 ·
webcoll said:
Yes, same here. Also, have you noticed when you're driving along the m-way it's difficult to pull out to overtake cos the big beemer, audi etc. in the fast lane slows down to take a peek.
that happens all the time :D

and thenthey seem to pull into the middle lane to let you through so that they can get another look from a different angle

its superb:D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.