MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone on here owns my old car............

2004 54, Astro Black, White Roof, Chilli, 17" Slite wheels, Harmon Kardon, Multi Function steering, a boost minidisk player (you can't spec those anymore!!) and a CD changer in the boot......BV54 *** was sold at Chigwell Mini I believe - I sold it back to Sytner.

Just curious to know where it is now - make sure its being looked after properly!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can I ask how Sytner paid for your car? I've had a phone call from someone from Sytner saying they want to buy my car but they only pay with cheque - they want to pay with cheque and drive car away straight away!! Sounds dodgy.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me. If it was, I wouldn't accept them sending a cheque in the post - make sure it's handed over at the dealership.

·
Registered
131 Posts
they're coming down from leicester to hand me the cheque. Still dodgy accepting a cheque and giving car away without money clearing, but they're a massive company and I've phoned round a few of their dealerships asking about it, and they all say it's coacha.

It's a Sytner company cheque they hand over.

Oh well will see how it goes!!

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Can I ask how Sytner paid for your car? I've had a phone call from someone from Sytner saying they want to buy my car but they only pay with cheque - they want to pay with cheque and drive car away straight away!! Sounds dodgy.
how did you get them interested in your car ? I'm thinking about offering my clubby to a dealer, but I know Wellsway don't even give good part ex so i 'm not expecting much off them .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Si

They just phoned me up, saw my ad. There's one guy who's job is to find cheap deals and go get them, and sell them on. They offered 2.5k more than a honda dealer did, so im happy with that.

From looking at their website, they have loads of dealerships around and do look to buy used cars - so give them a ring. I can even give you this guys number if you like, pm me if required,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts