MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

As the title says? I'm still waiting on mine, and TBO I'm getting a little impatient - since I ordered Wk 35, the PD keeps changing! Firstly Wk 40, then Wk 43, then Wk 45, now Wk 46...

If anyones got one or seen one - send some pics please!!

Also what spec have people gone for?

Mine will be...

Laser Blue/ Black
Chilli Pack
MFSW
Int Chrome Line
Ray Carbon Black Leather
Cream White Colour Line
Sports Suspension

And hopefully in the nr future Carbon Diffuser and possibly Carbon Mirrors, Int Door Pull

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey you must have read my mind as I am waiting and was going to ask the same question.

I should have my new baby in around 10-15 days apparently.

Laser Blue JCW
White roof and mirror caps
Colour line blue
Chili Pack
Punch leather seats
Sports Suspension
Multi function steering wheel
Hi Fi Stereo

Have a plant trip booked for 8-11-08 and hope to see him (doubt it though!)

I cant wait/sleep for excitement

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey you must have read my mind as I am waiting and was going to ask the same question.

I should have my new baby in around 10-15 days apparently.

Laser Blue JCW
White roof and mirror caps
Colour line blue
Chili Pack
Punch leather seats
Sports Suspension
Multi function steering wheel

Have a plant trip booked for 8-11-08 and hope to see him (doubt it though!)

I cant wait/sleep for excitement

Cool... I can't wait either, and have been wanting to make a trip down to Oxford to get a tour but it's a bit of a trek for me - (Liverpool)

Your car'll probably being tested by then won't it?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes but the date is not definite (it was supposed to be endish of November,) so I am hoping I will be in time. I have been before two years ago and I loved it. I know the chance is slim but you never know, all helps to build up the excitement!
I live in Solihull, so only one hour from Oxford, lucky I know, but its well worth the trip from Liverpool one day.
I am supposed to get a more definite date end of this week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am getting mine next Thursday.

Sorry to hear of your delays MattJCW but it seems as I am one of the lucky ones as it will be here almost to the day they estimated.

When I specced on 27-9-08, the order was placed with Mini on the following Monday 29-9-08 with an estimated delivery of 31-10-08. On Monday the dealer phoned to say it is going to be ready to pick up next Monday, 3-11-08, but I cannot get there until the Thursday. Oh well an extra 3 days will not matter.

I have gone for:
Laser blue & black roof, with The Chili pack with the sports suspension.
Punch leather with heated seats.
SatNav.
Multi function steering wheel.
Visibility pack.
Sunroof.
Heated mirrors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am getting mine next Thursday.

Sorry to hear of your delays MattJCW but it seems as I am one of the lucky ones as it will be here almost to the day they estimated.

When I specced on 27-9-08, the order was placed with Mini on the following Monday 29-9-08 with an estimated delivery of 31-10-08. On Monday the dealer phoned to say it is going to be ready to pick up next Monday, 3-11-08, but I cannot get there until the Thursday. Oh well an extra 3 days will not matter.

I have gone for:
Laser blue & black roof, with The Chili pack with the sports suspension.
Punch leather with heated seats.
SatNav.
Multi function steering wheel.
Visibility pack.
Sunroof.
Heated mirrors.

Sounds ace, me is jealous

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was a factory works or not. Its hard to tell with the bad quality video.

Haven't seen any others i'm afraid.:(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finally seen one today. Does it count as it was mine and was in the dealers waiting to be picked up tomorrow.
Went over to drop off the insurance certificate so it can be taxed. Salesman took me to the preparation area where it was to have a look over. Must say the colour is absolutely stunning and the roof colour contrast and aerokit really makes the colour stand out.
Roll on 2pm tomorrow:)

·
Learning !
33 Posts
Pick mine up next week, finally, been a long wait, i`m very impatient :D, It is my first ever mini so i am eagerly awaiting its arrival,was at dealers on monday and the car had just left the factory to go to the distribution ?? and should be here for the beginning of next week, getting like a little schoolboy now :p

i went for, laser blue, white roof & mirror caps, bonnet stripes, front driving lamps,chilli pack, sunroof, black punch leather, chrome line interior & exterior, heated seats & ext mirror pack.

Cant wait !!!:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally seen one today. Does it count as it was mine and was in the dealers waiting to be picked up tomorrow.
Went over to drop off the insurance certificate so it can be taxed. Salesman took me to the preparation area where it was to have a look over. Must say the colour is absolutely stunning and the roof colour contrast and aerokit really makes the colour stand out.
Roll on 2pm tomorrow:)
So.... was it worth the wait? Also if and when you manage to prise you're eyes of her, some pictures would be great please ;)

I got a surprise call today saying mine is already built and is currently being transported, so fingers crossed I should have her early next week. Werhooo :cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
So.... was it worth the wait? Also if and when you manage to prise you're eyes of her, some pictures would be great please ;)

I got a surprise call today saying mine is already built and is currently being transported, so fingers crossed I should have her early next week. Werhooo :cool:
Was It worth the wait? You bet it was:) Lucky my wait has not been as long as yours, but good news yours is on the way.

Went over to sort out payment and found out bank had not transferred my savings over, so a quick phone call ans smiles alround - me knowing I was going to get the car and dealers for a very big cash payment.

Not long been home and already just short of 100miles already! Only about 1100 to go in run-in.

Wll try to get a pic or 2 up tomorrow if I get chance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That looks ace, I think you've just spent some more of my money - JCW scuttles. I really can't wait now. I don't know if I'll be able to run it in gently tho... maybe just a few short foot to the floor stints... will that hurt?
Not my JCW but it sure is a nice color.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was It worth the wait? You bet it was:) Lucky my wait has not been as long as yours, but good news yours is on the way.

Went over to sort out payment and found out bank had not transferred my savings over, so a quick phone call ans smiles alround - me knowing I was going to get the car and dealers for a very big cash payment.

Not long been home and already just short of 100miles already! Only about 1100 to go in run-in.

Wll try to get a pic or 2 up tomorrow if I get chance.
Is the recommended run-in only 1200 miles? I thought it'd be around 2/3000... Whats the maximum revs they advised you to stay under for run-in?

Also there doesn't seem to be many LB with black roof - Why is that... I think it looks ace. Not that I'm complaining.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here are some photos taken today.
In the owners handbook it does state run-in is 1250miles not exceeding 4500rpm.
I know what you mean about Laser blue / black, most I have seen are with the white roof, which still looks superb. I went for black roof as I think it makes the car look a lower stance and is compimented with the black grills and arches.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts