MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a request for anyone with an Alta Intake system for the S.

I would like to know the dimensions of the actual foam filter, ie outside diameter & overall length, please.

It would be greatly appreciated if some one could measure their filter & reply back to me.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you thinking of stuffing it into a works air box ? as ITG do a filter that drops in with no issues
Not quite.
I have a One & trying to experiment with a few ideas I have. ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
alta will be much too big for what its worth, i have a massive K&N cone (early model) on the cooper, makes a great sound but sucks in far too much hot air one / cooper relay should run a closed box / or a panel filter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm going to try running a modified airbox.

Do the foam/cotton gauze panel filters make any noticable noise?

If so I won't bother modding an airbox!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
ITG panel is your best bet chap, i dont sell induction kits for the one/cooper as they are a real waste of money (ive tired K&N and piper cross on mine both made nice sounds but where not worth the £80-100)

decent panel filter like ITG or K&N will make the car sound better, speak to [email protected] vecchio as he does the ITG panels i haven got my stock of them in yet

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ITG panel is your best bet chap, i dont sell induction kits for the one/cooper as they are a real waste of money (ive tired K&N and piper cross on mine both made nice sounds but where not worth the £80-100)

decent panel filter like ITG or K&N will make the car sound better, speak to [email protected] vecchio as he does the ITG panels i haven got my stock of them in yet
That's exactly why I'm not wasting £80-100 on an induction kit! ;) Must be cos I'm a Yorkshireman! :D

But I want to get my hands dirty & try messing about with different set ups. Must be cos I'm an Engineer! :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
best bet if you want a project is order the demon tweeks motor sport catalog as they have all the generic filers, hoses and everything you could ask for - a lot cheaper than wasting your money on an alta chap, and more fun too

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gone for the easy route & ordered an ITG panel filter from Leo!

Should have it fitted tomorrow, so we'll see what difference it makes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't expecting massive gains. Just something to help the engine breathe a little better.

Well, I've just fitted the ITG filter & it sounds a little better - more so past 4Krpm. Nothing too loud, which is just what I wanted.
One thing I did note, is that the ITG filter is a tight fit & sits in the top half of the airbox better rather than the lower half, as per the OEM paper filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts