MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I haven't been on the site for a while, but unfortunately I've suffered a problem with my MINI. Someone has done the front and rear of my 2006 Hyper Blue Cooper, and I need both to be replaced.

I was wondering if anybody here has spare bumpers (front and back) lying around after having the aerodynamic kit put on, or anything like that?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

James

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Depends if you want them in your colour or if you can get them re-sprayed & if you want cooper parts or upgrade to Cooper s - I have both in chilli red from my R53 (53plate) cooper S???

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mini33, I've got the chrome line exterior, and normal cooper exhaust, how easy would these be to adapt to the cooper S bumpers? oh, and how much are you asking for them?:p

James

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I checked all of your suggestions supa-dupa-cooper, and there's no coopers, all cooper S! Gotta find out how difficult it would be to adapt the Cooper S bumpers to my cooper without changing the exhaust...

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Killerbyte I don't understand? The black trim on what?

I assumed I'd have to cut a hole for my Cooper exhaust pipe, and fill in the hole left for the Cooper S exhaust.

There are also issues with what I do with my chrome line exterior bits (i.e. will they conveniently attach to the Cooper S bumper?).

Also, in terms of the front bumper, the grill on a Cooper S is the same colour as the body, whereas mine is chrome - part of the grille (two slats I think) is part of the bumper, so I would have several chrome slats of the grill on the bonnet, and two body colour slats as part of the bumper section of the grille.

I hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
The black plastic trim that is around the edge of your rear bumper should clip off and clip onto the S bumper, hence no need for cutting holes for the exhaust....

...the S bumper doesnt have 'chromeline' so no, these bits will not go accross....

...as for the grille, are you not able to take the chrome grille out of your exisiting bumper and use that?

..also what exactly has happened to your MINI?? :puzzled:

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Ok so you might be interested - ok so the back bumper is in very good condition apart from one minor sctratch which is only viasble on close inspection so i am willing to sell that - make me an offer & we can go from there.

The front bumper will need some work as its has very minor damage but easily repairable & as you have to re-pray it would work out perfectly - there is a crack between the sidelight & bottom of the bumper & the black edging is quite scuffed so if your interetsed in that also make me an offer.

These item are on ebay & preferably collection or arrange courier with small cost for packaging. I am in West Sussex - Near Crawley/Horsham

My ad is still on here if you can find it

Pm message me or post on here if your still interetsed

Thanks & best wishes

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..also what exactly has happened to your MINI??
Good question! Well the rear damage is from when my handbrake failed a couple of years back and we never fixed it...! It rolled down a mate's drive and into an old, but solid, metal gate. Very annoying! The front damage happened the other day - no idea how it happened, but it seems as if someone has reversed and hit my front driver's side corner and damaged the bonnet, bumper and front fog light. Wouldn't be surprised if it had happened in the Galleria car park...

As for being interested mini33, it seems that your bumpers are in a worse state than the ones I already have! The damage to my bumpers is rather minor, the problem is they're charging me a fortune for the job and I can't get any lower prices. So obviously, if I can buy cheaper bumpers elsewhere than BMW that'd be great, but I'm really only looking for something that's less hassle than Cooper S bumpers and in near-perfect condition too. Sorry about that.

James

·
Ashes and dust Maximus!
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hartge, thank you for your suggestion, St. Neots isn't very far from me, I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Things are looking slightly less grim!:smile:

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
I'm needing a rear bumper myself, but I can't find a solid black one anywhere. Does anyone know roughly how much a respray would be?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts