MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Formerly called "Apples Anyone", we are going apple picking in the heart of fall in central Massachusetts driving through some lovely local twisty roads finished with a trip to Herbert's Candies to MAKE YOUR OWN SUNDAES!!

OCTOBER 1st, SUNDAY. Check your schedules! :) You can join the twisty road route or meet us there around 2:30pm!

**If you are around the Boston area and/or want to join the "twisty route" out to the orchard, we will be meeting at the intersection of Rt. 2 and Rt. 2A at the Mobil gas station at about 1:30pm! Be there or be square!**

The destination is a lovely, quaint, family run pick-your-own apple orchard called George's Hill Orchards in South Lancaster, MA (central MA) that I have been going to for as long as I can remember and it happens to be perfectly nestled along some twisty, old cow-path type roads. They have a huge field/parking area, so I know holding us MINIs there would not be an issue.

Some of the things at the farm:
Hay rides
Pony rides
Petting Zoo
Homemade pies, etc.
A really good grill type "restaurant" on the top of the hill
Ginger Gold, Royal Gala, McIntosh, Cortland, McCoun, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Mustu apples to pick
Homemade apple cider donuts to DIE FOR

Families are more than welcome to come as well! :)

Dogs are allowed in the orchard and by the barn as long as they are on a leash!

You can find their webpage here: George Hill Orchards - Your Favorite Farm

After all the apple picking is through, MINI owners are never through unless they have a good ice cream run, so we'll be heading over to the Herbert's Candies and Chocolate Mansion that is right off Rt. 117. They have a "Make your own Sundae" to go along with their ice cream choices, so it should be even more fun! No reason not to make it now -- Apples and Ice Cream!

Those who are coming:
Sheenabea & Armen
MisterMINI & Ellen
snek
jwardell
MCSDCWGP06
GBMINI(maybe)
kgouin
retsej
Bonnie Blue & Jar
AntiqueCarNut & Jeannette

·
Keith
255 Posts
You can count us in. We always like to go apple picking and so turning it into a MINI event is OK with us.

How about arranging a meeting point so we can form a caravan drive through the twisties to the apple farm?

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MisterMINI said:
You can count us in. We always like to go apple picking and so turning it into a MINI event is OK with us.

How about arranging a meeting point so we can form a caravan drive through the twisties to the apple farm?
Apparently Armen has experienced some good twisties out that way with his S4, so I can only imagine how fun they'd be in a MINI. I only know of the ones leading up to/past the farm, so I'll get a route made up for it. A caravan it will be!

·
Expecting rain...
791 Posts
Sheenabea said:
Careful... the sheep like to headbutt...

Perhaps Mr. Secco could be on hand to give a few pointers, I understand he knows his way around a sheep.

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand the hesitation, seeing how Fall has yet to grace us yet...

I will say I am leaning to planning for Oct. 8th (with possible rain date the Sunday after) as the picking date. Will update the first post by the end of the weekend with driving details and so-on. :)

Hope this insight helps everyone!

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update!

Hey! Update for everyone!

Since the MoP event is happening the 8th and plenty other events are happening in October, I'm trying to find the best time to find a day to go picking.

Honestly, I still really want to go out there, since it is ALWAYS a good time, so I'm going to collide dates with the Lake Champlain/Covered Bridge Run and set the date for OCTOBER 1st. This is a SUNDAY.

What do I need to do? You say?

PLEASE PLEASE post on here and let me know if you want to go. I want to at least have some kind of head count, just so I can say to the George's Hill people how much of an area we'll need... also, good to know if I'll be going stag or not too... ;)

So! What do you guys say?

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Sheena,

Do you know what time you expect the event to start? ;)
Ooops! A time would be good. I usualy have always gone there in the afternoon, so we'll probably leave from the meeting place (which will be determined depending who comes) around 1:30ish. It is about a 45 minute drive, so we'd arrive aorund 2:30pm.

So, to answer the question: We'll either get there or meet up there at 2:30pm :)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts