MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
GP0191
69 Posts
Sundae Sunday

Glad to see the weather didn't deter the hardy apple pickers and ice cream tasters. Nice to chat with some folks briefly though it was, always next time, and a surprise visit from CHEQMATE of NY who made a 6 hour round trip, what a trooper to the cause!

As with all things MINI food was involved, and let me tell you that apple pie, as a dessert officionado, is delicious, highly recommended.

Thank you to everyone who attended and made a damp day fun. Thanks to Ivan for his music CD and BIG thanks to Sheena and parents for guiding us all safely.

Cheers
Dave:biggrin:

·
Keith
255 Posts
Thanks Sheena for organisng the event. It certainly did help to brighten an otherwise dull day. If Apple Pickin' Sundae become an annual event then I'm sure we can expect to see more MINIs next year - rain or shine.

It looks more likely that I will be able to attend the MoP event next Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that.

·
MINI2 somebody
911 Posts
MCSDCWGP06 said:
..and a surprise visit from CHEQMATE of NY who made a 6 hour round trip, what a trooper to the cause!
:biggrin:

Surprise indeed! Have MINI - will travel, spontaneously! :D

Leaving NY/western CT in the morning in a light mist, we were hopeful that the rain was not as bad as predicted in MA. We got to the farm at around 12:30 and ventured out into the orchards to fill two bags of apples before attempting to dry off at the grill. The grill didn't seem to be too happening, so we headed back down for some hot cider and yummy donuts. :)
I was chatting with the owner, and she was telling us how they would have had a band playing, and the place would be busy with lots of people. Just then, we saw the first MINI turn in, then another, and then another... until you were all lined up - brought smiles to everyone there on such a dreary day!

It was great seeing all the MINIs and everyone arrive. We still had a bit of motoring to do to get back home, so unfortunately couldn't stay much longer. Thanks to Sheenabea for setting up the event (and not canceling, so that we could be surprised by how many MINIs braved the weather)! I'll have some pics posted later.

·
The girl in the red MINI
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks everyone!

Thank you everyone that was able to make it yesterday! I was quite surprised and happy to find such a good turn out despite the New England weather.

Thank you Ivan for the music selection, it was perfect for the drive out!

Hopefully next year the weather will work better for us and allow us to actually pick apples without getting wet. ;) :D

I'm glad everyone thought food was good too (pies and cider donuts included)!

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Here's a map of yesterday's run, from my GPS. I get such a kick out of this stuff! (Ooops, looks like I let my geek leak out again...)

Also some more pictures.
Awesome...I often have no clue where we have been after a run. You will prove to be useful! :) Don't forget we have a NYNE geek thread. :)

My TomTom can log too, but I'm not sure I can do anything with the propietary file.

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
Awesome...I often have no clue where we have been after a run. You will prove to be useful! :)
Yep, with my dashing good looks, witty rep-ar-tee, and general handiness with tools, the ladies should be knocking down the door right ... about ... now. Hrm. Oh, well. ;-)

Don't forget we have a NYNE geek thread. :)
So many threads, so little time...

81 - 99 of 99 Posts