MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trying the Meguiars NSX. However, I have many layers of their Gold Class wax on my MCS. Do I have to remove the Gold Class (dishwashing soap wash) before application of the NSX?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree it should be fine too - but the bond from synthetic to carnuba won't be as good so it probably won't last as long - also NXT has very mild cleaners in it so it will remove some of your gold class as you apply.

If it were me i'd wash it with NXT shampoo, quick clay then NXT follwed by another NXT 24hours later.

Although it works washing up liquid can cause other problems else where on the car - ie greased joints etc!

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I vaguely remember reading on a meguiars NXT bottle a specific recommendation NOT to wash your car in dishwashing liquid.

Then again, I might have dreamt it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
some people/companies recommend to wash the car in dishwashing liquid to remove previous applications of wax. Personally I wouldn't do it, dishwashing liquid is pretty seriously harsh stuff....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.