MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just had my Cooper S bumpers fitted to my One, a question my BF wants me to ask is, is it worth changing the arch liners as the standard One liners appear to be 'not flush' with the new front bumper

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
They should fit.

My one inner arch liners fitted witht he cooper s bumpers.

There is a groove on the bumper arch that the lining has to sit behind. Try that

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Darth, they sit behind the bumpers, just not all the way to the bottom of the lower apron, theres is a gap where the lower bend in the liner doesnt match the lower stance of the new bumper..... i think it will be ok but just wqant to make sure

Tara

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think we'll be ok, its only gonna chuck crap onto the bottom lip....no biggy just annoying ...even more so now ive pulled your attention to it haha

·
Registered
237 Posts
do you all have centre exit tail pipe exsausts on your cars then? or does the standard bottom part of the liner fit 2, accomadating a side exit?

i was thinking of buying a cheap set of S bumpers instead of an aero kit, but the exsaust issue put me off.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
if you have a pre 54 reg then the bottom plactic trim off your original bumpers can unclip and clip straight onto the Cooper S bumpers. If you have a facelift then sorry this isn't possible as the Cooper/one trim is a different shape to the S bumper.

(I see you've got Indy Blue so it will be fine) Do it!

I did it to my old 53 reg One back in 2004!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the centre exit exhaust, cost me £100 off ebay...brand new!!.... bought brackets from a scrappy and bf fitted it, took about an hour as he prepared all the holes through the boot floor prior to removing the old box.... sounds loads better than before :eek:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts