MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any mini owners in ireland. I am taking my mini one over to ireland in a couple of weeks on business and I was wondering if there are many mini's about over there yet??

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are certainly some around Belfast, but i'm not sure about the south of Ireland. They are still unusual enough around here that people point and stare!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mini's in Ireland

I am going to Northern Ireland when I am over there in a couple of weeks. I am going to be staying in dunganon. My friend there says that there are a few around but not a great deal. Do you know how many mini dealers you have got in Northern Ireland??

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are four dealers. I think there is one at Portadown which is a short blast along a very quiet motorway from Dungannon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The guidelines are that up to 15mph over the limit you get a warning. That depends on the circumstances and conditions and the mood of the police officer (was his toast burnt that morning). In other words you can get away with 85 on the motorway. There's a nice straight on the motorway as you leave Dungannon. I've heard of Traffic Branch hitting 150 on it during training.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking Good

Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to get there now!! It sounds as if the police are a little better than ours.

·
Registered
81 Posts
BIT OF ADVICE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT FOR CARS WITH DOUBLE GLACING
DONT GO PAST THEM TO FAST THEY HAVE HIDDEN BLUE LIGHTS AND BIG GUNS

·
Registered
81 Posts
IRELAND

I will have to keep my eye out for you then when i come back after xmas i work out of lisley drive

·
Registered
96 Posts
Shouldn't that be Lislea Drive ?? Do you work in the depot there, or some other establishment ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in the NI Mini brigade.

Live just outside of Belfast in Holywood. Got a red mini one.

Glad to see more people from this side of the Irish sea :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
`ello, `ello, `ello

belfastcooper said:
Now there's a question!! You're asking the right person.

So I wouldn't really be able to comment. . . .
Why ?

Is there a serious case of mis-print going on here?

Might you be BelfastCopper by any chance - you don`t (of course) have to say anything but anything you do say . . . .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: `ello, `ello, `ello

Jakx said:
Why ?

Is there a serious case of mis-print going on here?

Might you be BelfastCopper by any chance - you don`t (of course) have to say anything but anything you do say . . . .
... will be written down in pencil, rubbed out, f**ked about, added to, and used against you in every which way.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: Re: `ello, `ello, `ello

belfastcooper said:

... will be written down in pencil, rubbed out, f**ked about, added to, and used against you in every which way.
Thanks for being so honest bc - so have . . . and . . . I . . !

·
Registered
96 Posts
jontyONE, did you buy at bavarians? if so what did you think of them? was ross porter the salesman?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah belfastcooper,

I bought my mini from Bavarian and thought that the service was pretty good.

Bought my car off of the marketing manager, a guy called, Sydney Pentland. And i am going to speak to him today to see if he will show a goodwill gesture and give me a bit of money off a white roof/mirrors (Some chance)

What are your experiences with Bavarian?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not bad, although i have an almost pathalogical hatred of car salesmen (just behind estate agents). Sydney seemed ok, chatted to him a few times.
My wipers went on the blink a couple of weeks ago. They took it in to fix but had never taken the mechanism apart before so held it over 2 nights. They gave me a ONE but my insurance company were going to charge £30 to change the details over. Richard McKnight in service decided that wasn't fair and put me on Bavarians policy instead for free. Shame they didn't give me that Z8 in the showroom!
Good luck getting anything out of them for free though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The driver seatbelt recoil mechanism bust and they didnt have the parts so they gave the demo car (Red one, white roof/mirrors, bonnet stripes, spots and sony cd) no questions asked.

And the car went in today for its roof and mirrors to be done. He gave me some discount on it as a goodwill gesture.

No how u feel tho about car salesmen in general, i feel so uneasy in car showrooms.

jonty

ps That z8 is well nice, wouldnt say no to one of those m3s they have sitting out in the car park either :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts