MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere on the internet a while ago that Astro Black was being discontinued for the 2009 model year. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Also, when does 2009 model year production start?

Apparently AB will be replaced with a more 'black' metallic black.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
I read somewhere on the internet a while ago that Astro Black was being discontinued for the 2009 model year. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Also, when does 2009 model year production start?

Production for the 2009 model year begins next week (Week 36) but Astro Black won't be replaced by Midnight Black until Week 50 production.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Value

Do you guys think this will affect the value of the current R56 range MCS then? I have an Atro 2007 MCS, just wondered if that may be affected at all

Thanks

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I doubt the discontinuation of a colour would affect the value of your car for better or worse.

I'll be sad to see Astro black go. I ordered a R50 Cooper in Astro back in 2004 months before any official pictures were made available. It is a great colour. I would have had it again on my R56 MCS, but decided you can't have the same colour twice!

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts

I've heard that it will be a Black with a red tinge to it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have just ordered a new MCS in Midnight Black. It's a metallic and came at a £300 premium.

I want it to be a deep black! There is an MCS Clubman out the front of my work with a funky black and I'm not sure if it's astro or midnight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would have to be Astro Black as Midnight Black isn't available until December builds.
Yeah you're right about that one.

Here's a question for you. When does December build start? In December?

Reason I ask is that my MCS is being delivered at the end of this month or first week of November and it's meant to be in Midnight Black.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Look forward to seeing pics of Midnight Black when you get your MCS mate:nice:
Yeah as am I. I'm still waiting on an actual delivery date but it's meant to be before the end of the month. The guys from Mini said they're churning them out pretty quick at the moment, I hope not too quick.

I cannot wait to drive the thing. Being in London without a car is killing me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts