MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, im getting my windows tinted sometime this week.

I understand having the front tinted is illegal, but im going to get them done anyway (£110 for the whole car, £80 for the rear) might aswell get them all done even if I get pulled within a few hours :D

My question is to Black Mini owners, I want to know, what % have you gone all the way around, that make the black mini look good.

Do you recommened I go darker on the back, and a little lighter on the front? or so I keep the same % all the way through.

I have tried searching the galleries for pictures but I cant find what Im looking for.

Cheers :D

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
I was going to get my windows tinted on my Astro Black S, then decided not too.
Brought some Mini Sunblinds instead, for the rear , and boot window. Much better job, and removeable although i problary wont be taking them out as they look good.

And best thing no streaky windows on the tints after time, and can sell them when you sell the car ;)

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just been and got this done :D £110 all the way round by a company that has been passed onto me by a few.

Tinter.co.uk

So far so good.

I deicded to go for 35 on the front, 25 rear

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah pics please. I am having factory tint put on the rear of mine but the front has nothing although I wouldn't mind getting it done with a lighter tint.

Do the police really care?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Yes in West Midlands they do....they sit about on the cruisers nights and stop cars (both cruisers and non cruiser who are just in the area) and test thier tints. This happens in lots of places such as Cheltenham, Birmingham, Worcester, Gloucester and in the Medways towns. I have been stopped several times, but they test mine desopite not having tints except the actual stock glass trint... they also stop me and check everything else. Just be careful as they do fine you and give you notice for the tint to be removed. Plus often you can get a ASB type notice posted on the car and the plod will pull you more and more :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts