MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
If you like Astro Black, buy astro Black.

I haven't seen Midnight Black myself, but I've heard it has less of a blue tinge, more like a normal metallic black ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...actually, debating between two new cars, well specced by Park Lane - one Astro the other, Pepper White and Black.........

Hard choice!

·
Registered
849 Posts
...actually, debating between two new cars, well specced by Park Lane - one Astro the other, Pepper White and Black.........

Hard choice!
I have an AB and it really is difficult to get a good shine on it and they get dirty so quickly. Son has a fridge white Fiesta, it gets cleaned when when you can no longer read the number plates and even then it still looks cleaner than mine!!
But AB is gorgeous, a hard choice indeed.:hmph:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have an AB and it really is difficult to get a good shine on it and they get dirty so quickly. Son has a fridge white Fiesta, it gets cleaned when when you can no longer read the number plates and even then it still looks cleaner than mine!!
But AB is gorgeous, a hard choice indeed.:hmph:
I have AB/AB and I find it's no more difficult to care for than any other colour. I had a white one as a loan car once and it looked grubbier much more quickly.

Here's what I do:

Every 8-12 months (repeat when rain no longer beads off car):
Megs wash, Megs clay, AG super resin polish, AG extra gloss protection then Collinite wax.

Every 2-3 weeks:
Megs wash then dry = shiny car.

I find the hardest part to keep clean is the wheels due to the Minis poxy break dust, not the body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Midnight Black starting with Week 50 builds.
Hi ya
I decided on astro black with white roof after seeing it on the website as here in dubai you only see reds and blues. Anyway, to my pleasant surprise i got the midnight black cooper s 2009 and it looks amazing. i kept the side mirrors chrome. Am surprised the mini showroom agent kept on insisting there is no difference and the paint code is the same BUT
Midnight has a blue tinge in it which shows mostly under the light.

I must also say that my mini looks complete with the white stripes and the two mini front headlights.

thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We have a midnight black cooper d while we wait for my mums new JCW to be delivered dosent look brilliant but im not a fan of the MINI blacks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts