MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTENTION!!!

As i was out shopping in milton keynes city today, i passed a black cooper "S" - lookalike... i call it a lookalike because it had the same bonnet with the air scoop on the front, twin central exhausts, black chilli style alloys and was left hand drive... but this seems to me a bit fishy if it was a genuine "S" because it was a Y reg and the exhaust was different from the one in the magazines (they weren't chrome and were different shape), and lastly it didn't have any badges on the back...

Does anyone know anything of this or seen it before, i was quite shocked at the time, Paul???

If your reading this and the cars yours- then nice job! in fooling everyone :p

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
It must be the sister car to this RHD one. It’s a Cooper S prototype mule. See more pictures of it and read about the encounter with the classic Mini in this news story:

http://www.mini2.com/news/news.php?id=53

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no that definatly wasn't the car that i saw, the one i saw wasn't as nice looking and had black 5 star alloys on, this might sound a bit harsh but i fink its a "one" with the extra bits added on...

martyn does that sound fimilar? and wheres Coleshill? :)

ps. that black cooper looks well nice all polished up

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Jakx said:
Shame about the white roof-box Bruce !
Yes, it's the special WMV option (white-van-man).

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Redhotmini said:
no that definatly wasn't the car that i saw, the one i saw wasn't as nice looking and had black 5 star alloys on, this might sound a bit harsh but i fink its a "one" with the extra bits added on...
Well, a Cooper S is basically a ONE with bits added on, isn't it? :)

I can't believe what you saw was a home-made fake Cooper S - harming a perfectly good, brand new MINI ONE in the process. Nobody would be that desperate to pretend they owned a Cooper S, would they? :confused:

The car you saw must have been some sort of development prototype. Just picture the black MINI Cooper S prototype at the top of this thread (shiny back in July) but without any dedicated owner constantly cleaning and polishing it over and over - you know how much work black paint is. Over the months the black paint would begin to look bad - now it is 7 months later but the engineers developing the car don't car about appearances - hence the black wheels. Voila! the car you saw!

Perhaps? :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh sorry if u took it the wrong way but i didn't mean it harshly, it just seemed strange at the time to see an "S"

and "Pretend" and "Lookalike" do have a pretty big difference, thank u

oh and i have seen some "desparate" owners about actually, one being a 1.4 civic with type R badges and skirts :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Redhotmini said:
....and "Pretend" and "Lookalike" do have a pretty big difference, thank u
No they don't. :) Why create a lookalike if not to pretend?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the gs300 and E class lookalike but lexus aren't trying to pretend?

now lets leave it like that shall we? :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Redhotmini said:
i have seen some "desparate" owners about actually, one being a 1.4 civic with type R badges and skirts :eek: :eek: :eek:
Mutton dressed as, er, mutton...

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
IN MILTON KEYNES?!?! I know it's a big place, but I MISSED IT?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Sorry, but had to be said, I feel better now.

And the development MINI's do have black wheels, some of them. They have to paint them black, along with black tape etc over 'give away' and 'sensitive areas' although now it is in the press etc. there's nothing left to hide on the exterior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts