MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 17149 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just got back home from my first service at Classic MINI Garage Parramatta.

Anyways, as ive only done 8800 odd k's it wasnt a full service, just oil changed, new oil filter, vehicle check over, new wipers & wash.

Wonderful experience let me tell you, the girls working there where beautiful, well worth the 2 hour wait. ;)

Daniel

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
You need to lend your poor neglected MINI to Kerrie for a few weeks Daniel :p

Only 8800 k's - and I thought I racked them up slowly :eek: :p

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ScottyB said:
You need to lend your poor neglected MINI to Kerrie for a few weeks Daniel :p

Only 8800 k's - and I thought I racked them up slowly :eek: :p
How many k's on your MINI Scotty ?

Ummmm, ill only lend my MINI if Kerrie lends me hers. :D deal if so. lol

Daniel

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
play fife said:
How many k's on your MINI Scotty ?

Ummmm, ill only lend my MINI if Kerrie lends me hers. :D deal if so. lol

Daniel
18,700 as of this weekend.

Saturday and Sunday runs gives it a good boost :p lol lol

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Hey Daniel

The fact that you got the oil change at 8800 tells me that when you do drive you drive hard. My dealer refused the 10,000 oil change untill approx 12,500. They go by the computer not the ododmeter.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
MaxaMini said:
Hey Daniel

The fact that you got the oil change at 8800 tells me that when you do drive you drive hard. My dealer refused the 10,000 oil change untill approx 12,500. They go by the computer not the ododmeter.
Only hard maybe once a week, im usally very good.....100 % true.

And now when would BMW refuse money, i reckon they would service at 5000 if you asked. :eek:

Daniel

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I let Tit drive mine on the weekend so I am not that fussy. You can "lend" mine Dan but you will just have to look at it and not drive it (insurance) while I put eleventy billion kms on yours. :D :D

Don't worry - I wont leave it parked on Sundays - I will give it at a good run up the OPH for you :D A better solution would be for you to come have a pie with us occaisionally :) It is much more fun doing the kms yourself :D

EDIT: Baker - your S looks good :D Might have to try that one myself.

·
Still kickin' along
3,003 Posts
Well you see Maxamini..

Australians like to get ripped off....that's why we do it to ourselves all the time...

we only get 2 years of warranty....
we can get a third year for a sweet sweet deal of AUD$660...

no more than that...3 crappy years of warranty...what a joke

we now have the 'triple 3 plan'.

pay AUD$1300 on delivery day (and that day is the ONLY day you have this on offer), and you get scheduled servicing and 3 years of warranty....(up to 60,000km)...

My dealer told me that I'd only probably get two servicings done in that time...

what a bargain! :mad: :mad:

BMW here....isn't as generous as BMW USA... :mad:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Tit said:
Well you see Maxamini..

Australians like to get ripped off....that's why we do it to ourselves all the time...

we only get 2 years of warranty....
we can get a third year for a sweet sweet deal of AUD$660...

no more than that...3 crappy years of warranty...what a joke

we now have the 'triple 3 plan'.

pay AUD$1300 on delivery day (and that day is the ONLY day you have this on offer), and you get scheduled servicing and 3 years of warranty....(up to 60,000km)...

My dealer told me that I'd only probably get two servicings done in that time...

what a bargain! :mad: :mad:

BMW here....isn't as generous as BMW USA... :mad:
Are you serious about those prices? :eek:

I was told that extending the warranty was only $100. This was in June 2003 though, so they may have decided to charge like a wounded bull.
I didn't get the option of getting the $1300 full warranty on delivery day. I have just racked up 65,000 since June 03 and have just had my third service last week.

Dutchy.

·
Were there Oompa loompas?
4,146 Posts
Tit said:
The worst part is that it's just sprung on you with no fore warning. You rock up to pick up you baby and it's like, "oh by the way, have you got $1300 on you cause you really should get this, and can you decide in the next 2 minutes" :mad: Given 2 minutes to decide wether or not triple 3 is worthwhile is like choosing the best mobile phone plan - you need a PhD in econometrics and access to a Cray supercomputer running a microeconomic simulation model :rolleyes:

I've gotta decide by the week after next if I should extend the warranty for an extra year or not - I think I've convinced myself that it is probably worthwhile as it might help with resale value if I decide to trade between now and May next year.

And Dutchy, yeah, it's $660 to extend the warranty :rolleyes:

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
MaxaMini said:
I took my car into BMW and said "New oil and a check over thanks" at 5000km

They came back to me with a list of things they did...

Adjusted the handbrake cable
Replaced oil & filter
Checked all brakes and found a faulty rear caliper that would grab on momentarilyafter I lifted off the padal.

They replaced and adjusted under warranty, I paid for the oil and filter...

I think it was very worthwhile for this check up as I ould have theoretically gone another 11000km befoer finding this brake issue had I not been paying attention...

Who knows what could have happened then :eek:

Todd

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
I have since learned to bring the Service Manager and the mechanics a pizza and donuts every now and then. Amazing what they find to do under warranty when you show them a little appreciation.

I'm at 34,000 on an April 03 delivery and have 36000 warranty. I'm bringing it in and they will find things for me that I wouldn't notice untill after the warranty has expired.

I think they like the fact that I do stupid things like cover engine parts, caps, etc with aluminum foil as a poor man's chrome.

Happy Motoring to you all.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
Triple Three has been fantastic to me - the $1300 has paid for itself. Especially in terms of the extra warranty. And I knew about Triple Three months before I picked up my car, and that was in 2002 - I don't understand how it slips through the cracks so many times :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
You think $660 to extend the warranty for a year is a rip off.

Test drove a new Boxster S on the weekend and asked about extended warranty. Was advised that Porsche offer extended warranty for up to 6 years and every year is $1600.00 and you can only pay for it a year at a time as they have to look the car over before your offered it for another year. :rolleyes:

·
Still kickin' along
3,003 Posts
7nut said:

Test drove a new Boxster S on the weekend and asked about extended warranty. Was advised that Porsche offer extended warranty for up to 6 years and every year is $1600.00 and you can only pay for it a year at a time as they have to look the car over before your offered it for another year. :rolleyes:
so it looks to be in the same ratio as the price of the car:
MCS - $42k-ish - $660
Boxter - $100k-ish - $1600

If you can afford a boxter...you can afford that....

mini Oz still don't offer warranty past 3 years....

shame on you bmw oz....shame on you....*shakes head*

:p

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
poki said:
I let Tit drive mine on the weekend so I am not that fussy. You can "lend" mine Dan but you will just have to look at it and not drive it (insurance) while I put eleventy billion kms on yours. :D :D

Don't worry - I wont leave it parked on Sundays - I will give it at a good run up the OPH for you :D A better solution would be for you to come have a pie with us occaisionally :) It is much more fun doing the kms yourself :D
I seriously need to stop going out late on saturday nights :rolleyes: & make some effort to atleast get to PITS once a month.

I wouldnt mind doing a photoshoot run with Scotty sometime, Scotty ?

Daniel

·
Were there Oompa loompas?
4,146 Posts
7nut said:

Wouldn't that be a catch 22? You have to get it inspected before the warranty runs out so you can continue it but they find a problem with it and refuse to let you continue it but it's a warranty problem that they are supposed to fix so they fix it and then you can continue to get extra warranty :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 17149 Posts