MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Every year over the June long weekend the Australian mini Nationals are held in Hay, NSW. Mini owners from across the country converge on the township for a full weekend of celebrating everything that is Mini.

In 2007 the event celebrated its 40th year with a large number of interstate visitors including one owner who drove from WA in their Moke!

The event has changed slightly over the years, and currently features a Show n Shine on the Saturday followed by a dirt Motorkhana on the Sunday.

All Mini and Mini derivatives are welcome, including classic and BMW Minis. There have been some unique cars over the years including a Mini Gem.

For more info visit: Mini Club of South Australia Inc. and follow the link to Hay Mini Nationals.

This year the event runs on the 7th and 8th June, 2008.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Bump!* :p

It's on again this year!!!! June long weekend (as per normal) and check out the Mini Club of SA's site for more info.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! Yeah, book 6 months ago! There are a few places left at around $110 a night. And some for maybe $160. Haven't checked the caravan park if you're keen on tenting it. I haven't booked yet either as I'm still sorting out the finer details.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome to hear. I booked at the last minute but managed to get a room at the Comfort Inn (with a Queen and King bed ALL to myself???)

I'll be driving over Sat morning, and will hopefully make it in time for the Show n Shine.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some photos from 2009.

To start with here are some from the Parade through the main street and the Show n Shine. The weather was overcast, but mostly dry. We had a great turnout for the show n shine, including a half dozen new Minis (an R50, an R53, and the rest were all R56's).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some more from 2009.

Overnight a storm moved through, and we got 15mm rain plus some thinder and lighning. As you can see the motorkhana ground got a little wet.

By the way, the white Commodore belongs to the Motorkhana Director, and wasn't parked there by choice :) .

And full marks to Watto for thoroughly covering the Mini Experience van in mud!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts