MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got a 2002 Mini Cooper S recently, and it has the automatic climate control. Unfortunately, it didnt come with an owners manual, so I have a few questions on this system:

1) When I turn it on, the little snowflake button always lights up. I assume this is defrost? Why does it always come on, and never go off?

2) When I turn it on, I cannot feel any air coming out the dash vents, and when I push the button for dash vents, the auto button shuts off, why is that?

3) When I push the fan button, the auto button turns off again, why is that?

4) When auto is off, there is still a number in the display, does this mean anything? Is it still trying to achieve this temperature?

Thanks!

·
Because I Am !!??
240 Posts
Hi,
I have a copy of the owners manual in PDF format, I cannot remember where I downloaded it from but if you PM me your email address I'll send it to you. I will probably have to send it as a zip file as it is pretty large file size 1.68MB.

Gordo :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
The short answer is that "auto" is designed to supercede all other demands by automatically controlling the air flow, fan speed, etc. to achieve the set temperature inside the cabin. By pushing any other buttons, you manually override the automatic function.

I understand the snowflake to signal the the ac is on not the defrost function, which is represented by a window with lines through it. The set temperature may remain visible even with the auto function off but, say, with a fan speed selected. The number showing without the auto on is not an indication that the ac is trying to reach that temperature. the fan will simply blow at the set speed regardless of cabin temperature when the auto button is not activated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.