MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

First time poster, in the process of spec'ing a new Clubman D.

I'm caught between adding in the Auto Dim Mirror and Darkened Glass. How good is the Auto Dim Mirror? Does the Darkened Glass have much effect on glare from the rear view? Beyond that, how effective is it at keeping the cabin temperature down in sunny weather?

Thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Darkened rear glass is good at night although I have never had the mirror so can't really compare.
I'm not sure on temperatures either, we haven't had enough hot days this car to compare plus its only the back 3 windows that are dark, the front 3 are still clear.
I remember on my first S, I had all the windows tinted with film (when it was legal) and that made a huge difference to inside temperatures when driving through France in the summer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ive got darkended glass and auto dim mirror, its ok. theres no glare at night but the only thing i dont like is that you cant make out what car is behind you. all u can see is the headlights.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I have them both and personally think the complement each other. The darkened rear glass reduces glare from the sun during the day, while they both kick in at night to reduce glare from headlights. I don't have the same visibility issue as the above post.

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I have the auto dim mirror and think its great. I have never understood the darkened glass. I tend to assume that it is to conceal commercial goods and expect to see a "no tools left in vehicle overnight" sign to go with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts