MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New MCS Owner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just ordered my MCS and have been offered this which supposedly offers greater protection for paintwork and upholstery.

Has anyone else got this? Is it worth the £250?

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
chilihead said:
Ive just ordered my MCS and have been offered this which supposedly offers greater protection for paintwork and upholstery.

Has anyone else got this? Is it worth the £250?
I am in the same position, except I was told £299. Apparently I have until the car arrives to decide, at the moment I am swayed towards no

Matthew

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know some Autoglym sales reps and they tell that they sell the lifeshine kits for £60 to the dealers, i know the kit has to be applied but £299 is an awfully big mark up.

·
New MCS Owner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is supposed to stop all the tiny scratches that can develop as as result of dust and grime being rubbed over the paint when you clean your car. I have seen this effect on many older cars including my 5 year old mondeo. Maybe there is a better way to clean instead?

I too dont need to decide until nearer the time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi,

Have a look on ebay search for lifeshine, mine cost 15 quid, haven't installed it yet
as I have paint problems, that the dealer is sorting out . . . . .

Paul;

·
New MCS Owner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive now done a bit of searching on the newsgroups. People there also seem to think that this product can be purchased very cheaply. Seems that this is just an opportunity for the dealer to make some extra cash. I think I'll just invest in some decent polish!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

I think that professional products can't be compared with the stuff we can find in shops or eventually on the net, no matter how good they seem to us.

Take a look here : http://www.protech.mc

Many users on another French mini forum seem very satisfied. It's a very expensive treat for your Mini but apparently it's worth it. They keep your car for 48h in order to do the job, and the results are guaranteed for 5 years on a new car.

I'm looking myself for the best paint protection for my future MCS and this is the best I've found so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts