MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got my baby but last night I felt that my lights were a little low. It might just be that I was driving a truck for the last month and I am just not used to it but I wanted to look things over anyway. The lights are auto leveling but I was wondering if one of the sensors may have gotten bumped and need to be adjusted.

So, does anyone know the location of the sensors?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, after more driving I finally decided to take a look at my sensors. Sure enough, the front sensor arm has been severed. These sensors sit above the suspension arm and the little senor linkage connects to the suspension wishbone. On my MINI (US Spec) you can turn the wheels hard right and look behind the front left wheel to see the sensor. The linkage is held on by a 10mm bolt on the suspension wishbone and connected to the sensor mounted above.

The sensor still works so I hope to order just the linkage but I may have to buy the assembly.

One of the things that I wanted to post up is that the linkage "could" pop off on the wishbone side (it is a little ball socket connector) which means that you could really fix this yourself. So, if you have headlights that are pointing down check your sensors. There is one front left and back right. ;)

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
OK, after more driving I finally decided to take a look at my sensors. Sure enough, the front sensor arm has been severed. These sensors sit above the suspension arm and the little senor linkage connects to the suspension wishbone. On my MINI (US Spec) you can turn the wheels hard right and look behind the front left wheel to see the sensor. The linkage is held on by a 10mm bolt on the suspension wishbone and connected to the sensor mounted above.

The sensor still works so I hope to order just the linkage but I may have to buy the assembly.

One of the things that I wanted to post up is that the linkage "could" pop off on the wishbone side (it is a little ball socket connector) which means that you could really fix this yourself. So, if you have headlights that are pointing down check your sensors. There is one front left and back right. ;)
I wonder if on the UK cars have the sensors in the same place or different sides.... hmmm

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably same sides. Pretty easy to check, just look behind the left front wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts