MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is interested (presumably EVERYONE on this forum then)........Autocar have a good write up on their long term JCW Cooper S in this weeks edition.

They've run it for 1 year and nearly 25k and it's mainly praise of the highest order.

Interesting to read their comments about the run flats.........they reckon the Dunlops give the best ride, the Pirellis give attrocious ride and the Goodyears are OK, somewhere in between.

A good read, well worth a couple of quid anyway :)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I've just read it. The guy loved it.:p

I can't believe it didn't make it into Britain's Best 20 Drivers Cars though, especially as a Renault Megane did.:rolleyes:

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
On the side note, speaking of Dunlops...I look around and always see other makes on Coopers and S' - mine has Dunlops...I hope thats OK!

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
on the subject of tyres, it is possible to request Dunlops because it appears random as to what tyre make you get on the S!!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Davislove3rd said:
on the subject of tyres, it is possible to request Dunlops because it appears random as to what tyre make you get on the S!!
Sadly not - luck of the draw.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good article this, like the Evo long-term test its essentially full of praise for a great all-round car. Yay! :)

Else in the mag there's also the inevitable picture of a Clio 182 on three wheels... does it not drive on all four wheels? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Sounds positive as they usually are about our little lover :D

Must get a copy for my file, I run on Dunlops incidentally and although not having anything to compare them with think they are pretty good, the only thing I notice is the ASC kicks in very easily even in the dry with them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They make the point that you should be able to chose which make of tyres come fitted to your MCS but not surprisingly, Mini have poo poo'd this idea.

I find it quite amusing that BMW's formula 1 involvement centres around Michelin rubber yet they don't fit it on part of their range of road cars.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Picked up a copy last night, very good article. Sounded like the guy was lothe to give up the keys to BMW. They said that Goodyear now do a tyre with runflat characteristics, they mentioned the Eagle F1, anyone got a picture of this tyre.

Cheers

Basil the Dog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
basil the dog
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing